Sunday, February 21, 2021

I have been sleeping great!

 I didn't realize how badly I had been sleeping until this weekend.   I feel nicely charged now (not manic).  

Apparently the media is focusing on Houston as a disaster zone.  Parts of it are but the whole city is not like that.  Although one of my FB friends did say I'm one of the few she has heard of without broken pipes.  

I think this is it: my plumber's from Chicago so he did my pipes (and insulation) to those standards, which saved me.  Of course God led him to do it.  But I'm glad I went with him and not the "budget repipe" people I see on TV now and then.  He cost $7K but how much would I have paid if I had pipe breaks?  One woman I heard had EIGHT breaks.  That much damage you might as well re do the whole house.  

And I keep wondering if insurance will pay for this if someone did not drain their pipes.  If I were an insurance company I would not pay.  Good thing it's not me!  

Of course I had a Dad who could pay for this.  I thank God for that and it is a good thing I did patch things up with him well before this all happened.  

But I will not ask for money again.  To be technical I told him about the problem and he offered. I accepted.  

God is working on my pride.  I DID NOT want to take it but I had no choice if I wanted to continue living in the house.

I feel I can always use work on pride, humility, gossip.  

So my parents got their second COVID vaccine it hit her pretty hard but she is OK now.  

I am doing laundry now and will take a shower when I get a break.  

Ron's nephew wants to talk but Ron is reluctant, I think because his family was so awful to him in the past.  The last time he talked to his sister, she very derisively asked what was "wrong with you, talking funny".  He is very sensitive about his "accent" since he had the stroke.  It is not bad but it is noticeable.  She was very cruel about it.  

Then he kept calling them to try to patch things up they wouldn't even pick up...So he is scared to reach out.  If I push Ron it will backfire so I just gave him the number.  I will explain this to Brian (nephew) if Ron doesn't call today.  They have a lot in common the family basically abandoned both of them. 

(Later, they did talk but not for long) 

But Ron has to work up his nerve.  

It is a nice, warm, sunny day.  Could see the ice cream man again.  😂  I still need to take a shower and do my God Time but I will get it.  

Done.  

Now in some regards I was very pleased with my faith walk last week.  I have read it is really important to praise God in advance of the victory, to thank him BEFORE you have the fix or the answer.  I did manage to do that but not as much as I'd have liked.  

I also managed to keep my Bible Study and prayer time a priority even if I had to do it by a lamp.  So happy about that.  Not very happy I have shown a tendency to slack off once things are better.  So I want to work on that.  

Hanging out with God doesn't get me any favors but it does give me a better view, and if I can help people out through prayer I am going to do it.  

I put almost everything back where it was, my emergency blankets, etc.  Ron wants to keep his space heater so we will for now.  I washed all my bedding - I didn't bathe for almost a week and I slept in that bed - ew.  So that is all fresh.  

Since we were having sudden power spikes, on/off at times I did unplug my computer so it wouldn't get fried.  I also unplugged my washer.  It has delicate electronics.  I hate to think what a new motherboard would cost us.  And I did the right thing both are working perfectly.  

Ideally, if I won the lotto, I would do a few things: 

  • Insulate attic and water heater
  • New siding and insulation in walls (I have very little insulation in the walls of my house).  I could feel those drafts let me tell you.  Happily I did have my mountain of blankets.  
  • Some sort of generator maybe a generac or just a regular pull cord one that runs on gas.  
Other than that I am pretty satisfied.  

Ron has been good, very appreciative.  He refused his vitamin today but that's his choice.  I told him the Keppra (seizure pill) is mandatory and he agreed he would never stop taking it. But I'm not worried if he declines the vitamin.  

He hadn't eaten much for a few days so I managed to tempt him last night with some Frito Pie.  Today he wanted split pea soup which I had.  

At worst we only lost electricity for 20 hours and I had the freezer packed tight, I also made it colder.  So I feel confident all the frozen food is OK.  I did toss the raw hamburger in the fridge.  I'm not taking a chance on that.  

My allergies are pretty bad it is tree pollen season.  It is bad enough I keep a hanky close at hand.  I would hate to see me without the allergy pills!  

That's it for now.  

No comments: