Sunday, February 14, 2021

Sunday afternoon

 I was so excited when I saw the Amazon package on the porch, but I have learned to check the name.  NOT mine.  I returned it.  

I looked around the yard everything looks OK.  #2 DID hear me on the Ring camera because they bought faucet covers and installed them so they won't freeze their pipes.  Smart.  I need to get some "proper" covers at some point vs. the rags I normally use.  I like them and am glad they won't have problems.  

I checked the cat shelter, no one in it but it looks good. It will be a good shelter for some creature tonight.  Ideally I would put some mylar in there but I think what I have is OK.  My cats are definitely staying home.  I had 3 cats in the bed today when I tried to take my nap.  

I just need to fill my buckets, cut the water and drain the pipes.  

I talked to my aunt she is snowbound with 3 grandchildren and a puppy, things sounded pretty wild.  Her son and DIL will be coming home tonight, hopefully.  I hope my aunt stays off the roads for a few days until things settle down.  

I don't question their driving, but there are a lot of people unschooled on ice and snow driving.

I found my mylar blankets so I fixed up the cat shelter with one lining it.  It will be a little warmer for whatever takes refuge.  

It was utterly miserable out there, I could see my breath, ice droplets raining down, very cold, so when I came in I filled up the buckets, used the toilet, did the dishes, filled up a couple of water sources, and cut off the water.  It took a minute to drain but it's all gone.  I also have the small space heater by the open cabinet with all the expen$ive plumbing.  

My pipe wraps look OK.  And my pipes are dry I checked all the faucets.  Dad was right, it was great to have the little lever to pull to cut off the water.  I paid extra for that but worth it.  

I am considering dinner options I am thinking either a cup of noodles or some tuna, but leaning toward the noodles.  

It is good weather for hot noodles.     

No comments: