Thursday, February 4, 2021

A graphic description of the accident and some about my cycle.

 I started my cycle yesterday, a little late but the standard routine.  First day is not very heavy but day two!  WHOO!  Then very light for a few days and all done.  

I figure I can go for another 10 years or so based on my mother's history.  She also had the problem that is very common to transitioning women, no cycle for long periods and then HELLO.  So I anticipate that even though I have only missed a couple of months, not all at once even, last year.  

I have been moderately depressed as well.  Yesterday was pretty horrible as Ron had terrible arthritis pain in his knee.  He lay in bed screaming as I tried different things.  The Icy Hot worked pretty well, and interestingly enough the Boswellia/Curcurmin supplement I bought some time back for my foot.  

He asked me to buy more (I only had a little left) so I did, while shopping at Swanson I got some Stress B's with C, regular C, and some fancy gardenia soap for $4.  Ron was very pleased to hear I had got myself something "fun" and begged me to get something "nice" when I went to Walmart for the medication.  

As it stands his seizure pills are in, none of my stuff apparently.  Hopefully I can just make one trip and be done.  

Cleo is begging she figured out I manage the treats.  It is really cute to hear her little interrogatory meow.  My understanding feral cats do not meow so her meowing, and begging, is a big step.  I am very proud of her.  

Baby Girl and Ron are lying down together, she is wrapped around his head like some sort of turban.  It is  very cute.  

So I slept OK except for waking up soaked and having to clean up.  The joys of having a uterus.  

BUT my mother only had the heart trouble in menopause so there is a huge protective effect from the estrogen.  I won't complain.  I am at a pretty huge risk for heart trouble based on family history.  

I had been putting off the monthly report but finally got on that and we made about $400 last month.  😂  Not a surprise.  That is all filed and our fee paid.  Good.  

Next up a shower (well right now I am drinking some coffee to celebrate finishing the report), and then my God Time, hopefully medication comes in today so I can get that and do a little shopping.  I am really happy Doc agreed to some Fioricet he knew it as a good migraine drug when I mentioned it.  I will probably take 1-2 tablets a month so no worries about abuse.  It's just that full moon, right before my cycle, throw in a cold front and I am unhappy!  This will hopefully keep me functional.  

I can't take triptans (most common migraine drug "imitrex" and all) because they interact with lithium.  Lithium does interact with a fair amount of drugs so I carry a keyring with my medications.  If I am unable to talk the paramedics will find it.  

I am glad to hear Ron sleeping today.  He had a really bad day yesterday.  

He was hit on his right side, bumper got his leg and the grille got his chest/kidney area (kidney recovered, chest needed 2 operations and he also collapsed a lung).  He apparently flipped up onto the hood, right arm went through the windshield, thrown OFF the vehicle and backpack caught on rearview, dragged about 2 blocks hanging off the rear view like some sort of gutted fish.  He had really bad road rash to the inside of his left knee so I always figured it would give him trouble one day.  I was right.  

A doctor, on examining his knees about 15 years ago, proclaimed them "very crunchy" and a diagnosis of arthritis.  The account of the accident was told by someone who spoke to an eyewitness.  Every now and then I remind myself  of what he suffered because he had a LOT of damage, and that's what I tell him when he apologizes for being such a wreck.  

Not many people could have come back from that. 

No comments: