Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Walmart and Indian Food

I didn't sleep well last night, Ron kept moaning and waking me up. 

After we were both up, I asked him about a pain clinic, and got a resounding no.  He wants to handle things his way, even if (implied) that means keeping me up sometimes.  OK. 

I took my shower and did my usual morning routine.  We went to Walmart, but our ride was late and I didn't have very long. 

I still managed to crush it, even remembering the toilet paper and cat litter.  I didn't get a lot of food, I had already done that a few days ago.  I even had time to make my deposit, so my auto-pays can clear.  Awesome. 

We went home and put everything away.  Ron wanted an insane amount of AAA batteries, for his wireless transmitter headphones.  He doesn't like rechargables.  He paid for them. 

I didn't "charge" him for the Atkins shakes I bought him.  I just told him the total for his other things.  I am happy to buy him shakes because he actually drinks them, and that is wonderful. 

The antibiotics and the protein shakes have really cleared up Ron's leg, it's almost totally healed.  He will, of course, have another scar, but what's another. 

The antibiotics also cleared up the jaw infection Ron had, causing him pain.  So we got a 2 for one on that.  Funny how God worked that. 

I worry sometimes one of these ulcers is going to get out of control and Ron will lose a leg. 

I took a nap, and woke up before my alarm.  Ron wanted to go out for Indian food, there's a really good place near the house with very reasonable prices. 

When we got there, he ordered the goat kedai.  It is goat cooked in a spicy sauce.  He kept trying to get me try it; I reminded him, I don't do spicy.  I stuck with my chicken masala.  It was very good.  I got a double order of pan bread because I was greedy and I love it.  It's very good, fresh and hot.  It's pretty much my big carb cheat. 

I will not be weighing myself tomorrow! 

I noticed the median near the restaurant was empty; it was empty the other day.  When I have done handouts there it has been insane.  I was literally panting for breath running up and down the median.  I am thinking about doing another one there; I have plenty of Bibles. 

Worst case I could take them on the bus, if the median is occupied go somewhere else.  I have a couple of backup locations along the same bus route.  Safe to say I have actually handed out Bibles all up and down that bus route. 

Our ride was a little late but that was OK.  He was really happy to see the bag of candy.  I guess he hadn't gotten his lunch yet.  We had a straight trip home. 

Ron wanted to let Baby Girl outside, loose.  I told him he could, she was his cat, but he would not be letting "my" cats out under any circumstance.  He got her in his room, shut the door, and opened the window.  She totally ignored the open window, and, at one point, tried to paw open the door to get back into the house.  I shut the window and she went over to it.  I opened it again, she went out and sat on the garbage can for a while.  I left them to it and did a load of laundry. 

While the laundry was running, I bagged up more candy (candy + booklet) and went in Ron's room to put it in the bag on the back of his wheelchair.  Baby Girl was back on the garbage can, staring into the room.  I gestured at her and she came in, and I shut the window.  I'm sure she had fun outside, peeing to mark her territory and all, but I don't feel comfortable letting the cats out like that, at all. 

When I went back outside, both of the other cats were waiting by the door.  They knew Baby Girl was up to something they couldn't have. 

I keep thinking about poor Gravy dragging in with his mangled leg.  I never want to experience that again; having to make the choice to put a cat down.  Awful.  Frosty and Bubba were pretty much already gone, I just hastened the process, but with Gravy I had to make the choice to end his life.  It took a terrible toll on me.  I still feel bad about it: at the end of the day I believe I did the right thing but it was a very tough call.  One I don't want to make again. 

I ran the load of clothes and put them in the dryer, then I bagged up more candy while they dried, and I ran the washer on the cleaning cycle.  The manual says do it every month, so I try to do it on the first.  It's not the first, but close enough.  The clothes finished, but they're still damp, so I turned up the heat on the dryer and put it in for another 40 minutes.  It is mainly Ron's pants and shirts, and some of my underwear.  If they aren't dry after this I will finish them tomorrow. 

The washer is easy, when it's done I just open the lid.  Nothing to dry!  Except the washer, let it air dry.  I use the washer cleaner tablets.  One brand was suggested by the manufacturer, so I use that.  We spent a lot of money on this pair, I want to take care of them. 

Tomorrow we go to work, stock, etc.  Ron already paid me, which enabled me to make my deposit today (although it wasn't that big), and buy my stuff at Walmart. 

I'm just staying up long enough to finish the laundry and then go to bed. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So god can't get rid of Ron's back back BUT he did get rid of his infection. NO the antibiotics got rid of the infection. God had nothing to do with it. Now if Ron woke up tomorrow and his back pain was GONE I could see you attributing that to god. This is why I have a strong dislike of christians. They polarize the healing so to speak and ignore the obvious. It is a mental illness.

Heather Knits said...

Well, I'm already crazy so I have no problem with that.

What I mean: God allowed Ron to get the jaw infection, so he would be forced to get antibiotics, which also fixed his leg. He wouldn't have gotten antibiotics for his leg unless it was pretty horrific. His legs are covered in spectacular scars now. Ron is covered in scars. I should get him on Vitamin E, that would help.

Anyway, only God could have worked that, and I'm glad He did. I would rather give God credit He might not deserve than to deny He did something that He did.

Spankadoo said...

I do not understand why people who read your blog knowing your faith will still try to challenge you? I may not believe what you do you but I sure do not want to challenge the one thing that keeps your forward momentum in life! Your faith is part of who you are .

Whatever you believe you are entitled and no one should feel that they are more correct than you.

Much love and hope this makes sense

Anonymous said...

What is your agenda?

Anonymous said...

Her faith is the reason she stays with an abusive drunk. So it can go both ways. Her meds are the reason she is able to have a somewhat stable life. God has nothing to do with it. And to the other Anonymous my agenda is to show the disconnect between faith and what god and does not do and how the religious are polarizing and giving credit to something that does not exist. By contrasting how simple things that can be explained by medicine or what have you are given credit for being healed by god and things that cannot be healed by meds, etc that could actually show that god does things on this earth are ignored or excused away.