Sunday, February 11, 2018

Sunday

Ron scared me, the other day at work (yesterday).  He had trouble finding words, and couldn't remember "forklift" to save his life.  He kept asking me the word.  Jack finally told him "Think about lifting your fork up to your mouth" and that stuck.  

But I kept thinking, oh, crap, here it comes.  Drinking plus a head injury was never a good idea; this could manifest in some unpleasant ways.  Nothing I can do about it, really.  I don't help him buy alcohol, he knows I don't want him drinking, etc.  

I slept OK last night, and woke up around 7.  My stepmother used to call me "early bird".  I guess I am, in ideal situations.  

Biscuit had thrown up in Ron's bed.  I just put the fitted sheet in to soak.  I probably shouldn't have bothered, though.  As I was putting it in I noticed a small rip, so I could have just thrown it out.  Ron is happy sleeping on cheap Walmart sheets so it wouldn't have mattered, but he wouldn't have a backup either.  

Biscuit also threw up by the food bowl, and on the floor, twice.  If he wasn't so fat I'd worry about him, but he eats too much, gags, and vomits.  Poor little guy (well, big guy, he is about 17 pounds).  At least he didn't throw up in my bed, thank God.  

I took my shower.  Still haven't shaved my legs yet, they are pretty impressive.  I have more leg hair than most men I know, including Ron.  I did up the candy for our trips, I was almost out of a couple of things so I was glad I'd gotten more.  I ran out of Scripture booklets, so I am using "7 Things that Don't get you into Heaven".  It is a one page tract that fits easily in the bag of candy.  

I did up a couple in Spanish, for the employees at the Kolache factory.  While I despise illegal immigration and what it's doing to our country, they are here and I might as well present a witness.  So I did that.  

Our ride arrived, we went to the Kolache factory.  Well, we went to Subway first, and Ron got a couple of meatball subs, on special.  He likes them to put onions on it before they toast it.  We did that.  Then we went to the Kolache factory.  I got a bacon and cheese, and a couple of cream cheese.  They were good.  

Kolaches hold up to my medication, even a whole day's worth like I took today.  I figured, why do 2 big meals when I can do one, and took it all at once.  This is OK per doc.  He said "I don't care if you take it in the morning, the evening, or 3 times a day, as long as you are taking everything, every day."  So I did that.  

I also learned something interesting, yesterday.  I have mentioned how I don't take the antidepressant if I have a bad headache, worried it will flip into a migraine and make me vomit everything up anyway.  However, the other day I woke up with a bad headache.  I took Excedrin with my soda and waited for it to kick in, then I tried taking my antidepressant. It worked.  Everything stayed down, and the headache stayed dead.  So I can do that now, I just have to watch the caffeine in the headache pills.  

So I can stay on top of that, better.  Good thing I have plenty of headache pills.  

We had a good time, even though Ron got into the vodka before we left.  I wish I could tell him - have him receive, how it hurts me that he "has" to have a drink before going out with me.  It makes me feel like he's coating my broccoli in vodka sauce to make my company more palatable.  

We did have fun, though.  It was quiet, but busy, at the store.  The little kids all behaved, pretty much, except for one toddler who didn't want the Kolache her mother got for her.  No, she wanted the one with chocolate on top.  They bought it for her.  Then she had a whining fit because they wouldn't give her a cell phone.  They caved, gave it to her, and she poked away at it while she ate the chocolate thing.  I think the mother had an eating disorder.  She cut one Kolache in half and gave half (tried to) to her daughter, and only ate the other half, nothing else, no drink, not even water.  The father had a couple of kolaches and a big bottle of milk.  

At any rate, we had a good time.  We left, it was appreciably colder (feels like temperature, 30 degrees) but our ride came quickly.  He was a nice guy, I liked him.  We were straight and came home.  

When we got home, I took a nap.  I had some nice dreams about the cats, including one right before I woke up where I was kissing Biscuit.  Nice.  I woke up with a headache.  

I really want to get in control of my caffeine consumption, so I took 3 aspirin instead of the Excedrin, and some cold Diet Dr Pepper (I had half a bottle left over from lunch).  That worked.  It seemed more like my standard medication headache.  

I put the sheet in the wash, although I probably could have thrown it away.  If I remember correctly, this is the sheet Ron bled all over when he fell and his his head in the kitchen, about a year and half ago.  He managed to crawl back to bed, leaving a blood trail, and went to sleep in his bed, on his sheet.  Blood everywhere, all over the floor, the wall, the hall, the bedsheet, and the mattress.  I managed to get most of the blood out of the sheet but, like my aunt said, who cares?  No one is going to see it except me and why waste a sheet because it has a stain?  So I kept it.  

Yeah, I should have thrown it away.  Oh, well.  

I did remake the bed with a fresh sheet, which also had a blood stain on it.  I think from the same incident, as he was getting better.  Something happens in my house the DNA people are going to go nuts finding all these old blood stains on the floor (I mopped them up, but some traces remain microscopically, I believe).  But I've documented all this so I should be covered.  

That's it for now.  I'm craving something salty.  I bought some beef jerky the last time I went to the store so I'd have something healthier to eat.  I need a fair amount of salt to stay healthy so I figured this would be better than my usual chips.  

Here's to hoping I have a couple of "boring" hours before I go to bed.  Tomorrow we raise prices at work.  It should be interesting.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well if he gets dementia it's off to the nursing home with him. Here's to hoping.

Heather Knits said...

Well, that would depend. If he is not violent, toilets OK, and lets me sleep, I wouldn't mind "keeping" him. I did before, after the accident. He was OK except he sometimes woke me up at night, confused.