Wednesday, February 7, 2018

The rest of my day

So I did my God Time, and took my shower.  I tried to take a nap before Ron and I went out to lunch.  I got a little sleep.  My headache came back so I took some more Excedrin. 

When I got up, Ron and I went out for Indian food.  Our ride was late so Ron had to reschedule the pickup.  It was raining.  Ron was very unhappy and blamed me for the whole outing "going wrong".  But when we got there he ordered Tandoori chicken and talked to the owner about the curried goat dish.  Jason told Ron he would make a small dish, and Ron could decide if he liked it.  Ron said OK.  Ron loved the curried goat, and ate most of the tandoori chicken.  I had chicken masala and pan bread.  It was very good. 

We had the same driver to go home, and it was a straight trip.  I laid down again while Ron called a friend of his.  "He thinks you walk on water" Ron told me, when he hung up. 

Well, people either seem to love me, or hate me.  Doesn't seem to be an inbetween.  Years ago, about 30, at church youth group we were asked to list several things that described us, on a piece of paper.  Then we handed the paper around and people wrote comments on it.  I will never forget getting my paper back and seeing "mediocre" on it.  I had to look it up, and when I did I was devastated.  Hopefully they are not doing things like this in church youth group, anymore. 

So these days opinions seem to be more polarized, which is fine.  I don't think anyone I know, certainly not any commenters, actively hates me.  They get impatient.  I drive them nuts.  They can't understand my decisions, but they don't hate me.  Some of my customers might. 

My gallbladder is a little iffy today.  I didn't eat anything for almost a week so it had no opportunity to empty last week.  It is still waking up, I think, today.  A heavy cream sauce is a bit much to ask of it, probably.  I feel kind of bloated, but that could be the pan bread. 

Biscuit laid down with me,and put his head on my foot.  It was pretty cute.  I managed to get some sleep with him like that. 

I explained the headache situation to Ron and asked if we could have a later pickup to go to work, tomorrow.  He said yes.  So, I get to "sleep in" a little tomorrow, maybe until 7 AM. . That will be a nice change from my 4 AM wakeups. 

I just hope the headache crawls off, the caffeine lets me sleep tonight, and Ron doesn't have a blackout.  I don't think he will, he is pretty full of meat from the restaurant. 

He won't eat, often, until he is very drunk because food inhibits alcohol absorption.  It upsets me greatly.  He needs to eat on a regular basis, especially with that thing on his leg.  I haven't looked at it recently but I am sure it is still ugly.  I'm sure he'll wait until it is a mess and then come to me, frantic, to "fix" it. 

Usually I have been able to do so.  A couple times we have had to go for antibiotics.  I have a method now, for treating the ulcers.  I use peroxide, first.  Dab it dry.  Then use Dermoplast spray.  It is important to keep it open to the air so it doesn't get icky.  Neosporin is often suggested, but it doesn't let the wound breathe and it gets on Baby Girl. 

See, Baby Girl likes to lay on Ron's legs, when he is in bed.  If he has salve, or antibiotic ointment, on his legs it rubs off on her fur, and then the fur gets stuck to the wound.  And the cat has to clean the salve out of her fur, and it tastes bad.  So better to use he spray. 

If and when he will let me, that is. 

Oh, I'm tired.  I'm sorry, I'm always complaining about that.  I try to present a clear picture of living with this disease and the treatment.  But it comes at the cost of repeating myself. 

Tomorrow will be a nice, dry, day so hopefully I won't have to deal with another headache.  I didn't eat anything weird (Tikka masala nonwithstanding) so I should be fine. 

I just hope I can get some solid sleep tonight, without nightmares, blackouts, or waking up in the early hours with yet another headache. 

No comments: