Thursday, February 22, 2018

Torbie stole the blanket

I slept really badly last night, I couldn't drop off, or stay asleep. 

Torbie joined me in bed, though.  She hogged the blanket, so I was left lying alone in my strip of bed, cold, waiting for her to move so I could take my blanket back.  She finally did go get a drink of water or something, so I grabbed the blanket.  I made sure to spread it out so she could stretch out on it, and I could still have coverage.  She was a little irked when she came back but we worked it out. 

I woke up with another headache.  This one, I think, I can blame on the candy I ate last night.  I took some Excedrin.  I could have used the caffeine anyway.   

We went to work.  Things were pretty quiet.  People are starting to ask more questions about the price increase.  Soda sales are still pretty dead, though. 

Ron got ugly with me at one point and wondered why I got stiff with him.  I just walked away.  He will never accept he is verbally abusive - correction - rarely.  So it's better not to start another argument on top of him railing at me already. 

We finished up and went home.  I took a nap, slept pretty well, considering.  I had Torbie again. 

I got up and got ready to go to the store.  Ron had made a "short" trip to Walmart.  It was short alright.  By the time our driver arrived we only had 30 minutes.  Ron was very upset and agitated about this. 

In that time, I had to do my deposit for my health insurance and buy snacks for us.  I didn't even have time to go near the cat food.  I have plenty, anyway. 

I managed to get the important stuff.  I even had time to run to McDonald's and get a couple of burgers for dinner.  I like the double cheeseburgers, just ketchup. 

Ron reminded me I had forgotten "his" TV dinners, so I went back.  I saw a lot of people standing in line at the self-check, and an empty terminal.  I asked why they weren't using it.  "It only takes cash".  Great.  I only pay cash.  I was out of there in a minute. 

Our pickup was a little late but not overly so.  She was upset because they had routed her so she'd be getting off an hour late.  She was understandably upset.  She got us home, I put everything away. 

I ate a pint of ice cream and some chips, in addition to one of my burgers.  I was feeling rather wrung out. 

Ron gave me tomorrow off - and I can take it.  Things are really quiet at work.  I think more people are getting smart with their budget and bringing their own food.  I know some people bring in food to sell, as well.  So, no work tomorrow. 

Ron let me have a look at his leg.  It looks ghastly but is healing.  He is taking antibiotics for a dental problem so that's bound to help.  If he'll let me, I plan to clean it tonight.  Peroxide and some spray disinfectant. 

I plan to go to bed early, but we'll see.  I just hope I can sleep tonight. 


No comments: