Wednesday, February 21, 2018

By the time I figure this out...

I woke up at 4 AM with a headache.  It was pretty bad.  I tried to sleep it off but it wasn't happening.  I got up and took some Excedrin, went back to bed. 

I tried to sleep, but couldn't, so I got up.  I fed Biscuit and took care of my personal care routine.  I am finally starting to remember to take my magnesium citrate. 

Without going into way too much detail, I do see benefits from it, but not really with the headaches, which is why I bought it.  But it does help with other issues so I'll keep taking it.   It seems to make me more alert so I try to take it at the start of the day. 

I also take calcium citrate.  I don't need bone problems.  I would love it if Ron took calcium, but he took another route: he eats antacids.  They have a lot of calcium so I guess he is getting it. 

I also take a multivitamin.  It has iron because I do not eat enough red meat.  I also have a pretty heavy blood loss every month, so I need a supplement. 

We can't forget the antioxidants.  I started taking an "eye" vitamin because I have a lot of screen time, a beta carotene, an A vitamin, and good old vitamin E.  I noticed a big difference in my scars when I started taking Vitamin E consistently.  And Vitamin C of course. 

Herbs: Feverfew (supposed to be for migraine prevention, I'm about to flunk it though), Olive leaf, and occasionally Oregano oil when I'm around someone with "cooties".  I take the last in a capsule.  Years ago, someone sold me a bottle of oregano oil, but I couldn't get it down.  It was a horrible experience every time and I decided I'd rather be sick! 

So, I ate my protein bar - I've found the "Salted Caramel" flavor isn't bad, and took my pills.  I did my God Time, for a change.  I took a shower.  My headache was pretty much gone.  The rain front came through and dropped a little rain.  I ate a couple of hot dogs and took my pills. 

I took a nap, with Torbie!  I was very excited to sleep with her.  She's such a sweet lump.  I very carefully positioned myself in bed so I wouldn't disturb her.  I slept with her for a couple of hours, woke up with her on my foot.  Awww.  I also woke up with another nasty headache. 

I throw rocks at my medication, but I really don't know what the hell is going on with the headaches.  They just hurt.  I got up and took some more Excedrin, then lay down with Torbie again.  I got up after about 20 minutes, when the pills started to work. 

I did a load of laundry and finished hanging up the previous load.  I took out the trash, checked the mail, and brought in the trash can. 

I noticed an empty protein shake.  I guess Ron is drinking them.  Good.  He wasn't too impressed with the banana flavor but he seems to like the Atkins ones.  Good, he needs extra protein even more than I do. 

Ron woke up and we talked a little.  He was in his usual gloomy mood. 

I decided to bag up candy with scripture booklets.  I did that for about an hour while the laundry ran.  I have a huge sack, I did up about 20-30.  I did eat an unwrapped piece of taffy and a little bag of Reese's Pieces.  "Don't muzzle the ox while it's treading the grain".  Deuteronomy 25:4, 1 Corinthians 9:9, and 1 Timothy 5:18.  So I am justified. 

I hope the candy doesn't bring a headache.  I really wanted to eat a Special Dark but I already know dark (and all, I assume) chocolate brings a migraine. 

Oh, I fed the cats.  Can't forget them.  I emptied out the canister to feed them, then I will add fresh food to the empty canister.  Otherwise old food sits on the bottom, going rancid. 

Dryer just buzzed brb.  That load was underwear, with some t-shirts.  Still damp.  I don't want to run it at a higher setting because it will fry the elastic in the undies, and I don't want to run it at medium for another 40 minutes.  So I'll finish it tomorrow. 

We're going to work tomorrow and then running to Walmart at some point.  Good.  I need to make my deposit for health insurance, I can also use some food. 

I need to figure out how many, if any, snack foods I want to buy for myself.  I like the Lays Stax a lot, but I don't need the carbohydrates. 

Oh, an interesting thing: this morning my blood sugar was 109.  The last bad headache it was also 109.  So a correlation with higher blood sugar and headaches.  I think I just ate a couple of hot dogs for dinner last night, but apparently that was "enough".  I'll figure it out. 

The other night, I had a caramel apple ice cream dessert, next day, decent blood sugar and no headache, so it seems arbitrary.  Maybe my body just doesn't like wheat.  That might make sense. 

By the time I figure this all out, I'll be dead! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Think I know the "other benefits" of the magnesium...exactly the reason I take it. I've been having lots of headaches but I blame them on the barometric pressure fluctuations.
You might look through your blog in the summers past and see if you had headaches in high pressure/good weather. Or maybe a new prescription added that is giving trouble. Try to find your first postings about headaches and work the puzzle.

Anonymous said...

You mention your headache going away after the rain front went through.
Lots of people I talk to get headaches in stormy weather.

Anonymous said...

If you think you are wheat sensitive cbeck out the wheat belly site. I told a friend about it and she said she feels better than she has in 30 years.
The Dr who wrote the book is on that site a lot and even responded to her question.