Friday, February 2, 2018

I'm Tired

So, first a little vending gossip.  You may or may not know I work next to a very loud television.  I am also a Dr Pepper vendor.  It's kind of like the old clans.  You join the clan, you are loyal to the clan.  You don't mess with other clans except on a very limited, approved, basis.  Our contract allows us "free" vending machines and repairs, in exchange for buying their product at their price, a minimum of 10 cases per machine (we have 3 machines), and only 2 competitor products per machine, which we do.  All in all, it's a pretty good deal. 

I am happy with Dr Pepper.  I like Dr Pepper.  I was startled to hear Dr Pepper had been bought by Keurig, so much so I stopped my work and went and actually watched the TV.  They were going to "streamline operations".  Uh-oh. 

This all happened days ago, I forget which.  They changed the way we place our orders now, a new number.  Fired Linda, I think, who was a decent sales rep.  I am praying for her. 

So, today, I got up at work to see what the "new" Dr Pepper would do with our delivery.  I slept horribly but did not wake up with a headache.  Still not hungry though, so I am listening to that.  Better to eat a little less, and, let's be honest, I can afford to miss a few calories. 

Got up, took a long shower (I hadn't bathed in days and my hair was pretty greasy), got all fresh, new clothes, work boots on, ready to go.  We had a good ride to work, a straight ride. 

Got in and the machines were devastated.  I had to do a lot of work filling them up again, but no one yelled at me.  I did tell a big gossip I had a migraine so that is out there if anyone cares to hear it. 

Our delivery came, late.  He was a nice guy but not happy with the "new" company.  When we got the bill, they had jacked up our prices by a, to us, significant amount.  We will have to either "eat" it or raise prices. 

At least they still came, sort of on time, and they did put my soda away, but that's the delivery guy more than the company.  I gave them some candy with Scripture booklets, they were happy to see it.  I also got them some drinks - I always try to spoil my delivery guys.  They can help a company run, or grind it to a halt. 

The other vendor was Not Happy to hear about the price increase.  I bet!  We weren't, either.  They could have at least given us a call, or a letter, or waited a few deliveries and then done it.  Now I feel like they're "milking" us. 

It could have been done better; I would have sent a letter or had a rep call.  I feel terrible when we have to raise prices and I always put up a note. 

But we got it all done, delivery, stocking, etc. 

Pretty soon we were done, and we went home.  I drank a glass of milk and took a nap, woke up with yet ANOTHER headache, not a migraine, but not mild either.  I was Not Happy.  I took some Excedrin to whack it and bagged up some candy. 

I like to bag up an assortment of individually wrapped candy, with a scripture booklet, and hand them out to service providers.  But I'm running out of booklets, and I had a fair amount of tracts.  So I tried bagging up about 8 with a tract and a booklet, worked well (I used "7 things that don't get you into Heaven").   Then Ron wanted to go to dinner.  He's been cooped up in the house all week so I went. 

He just had a bowl of soup; I had fried cheese sticks.  I ate a lot, and am very full, but I wanted to make sure my pills had a good base for their landing. 

Remember, I haven't taken any of my crazy pills in nearly a week, that's a big deal.  I should be having a meltdown about now, but I'm not.  I attribute that to God, and good lithium levels to begin with. 

I don't want to have a meltdown.  I really don't. 

Did I ever tell you the story of "What Goes Up?"  It was a true story about a man who went off his meds "for a couple of days" - got manic, didn't go back on, had a one-year mania (I can't imagine), utterly ruined his life, and ended up committing suicide?  That's my worst nightmare.  I want balance, I want control.  I am tired of being a slave to malfunctioning chemicals. 

I am tired of being a victim of my illness.  Bad enough I suffered for 32 years.  Why suffer any longer? 

I managed to gag down all my pills at once, and they settled OK. 

We rode home for a while with a family that only spoke Spanish, including the little boy.  If you live in America, you had better teach your kid English!  Don't wait for the educational system to do it.  What if there is a crisis?   One time I caught one of the little toddlers from next door running around recklessly in my fenced backyard (without permission, I might add), right next to my tools (could have hurt himself, badly, and did - at his own home, a few months later), tried to tell him to go home, but no speaka english.  I should have kept him and called the police, let the parents explain to the police how he got away like that. 

Anyway, I thought it was rude.  They only spoke to the driver in Spanish.  It's a good thing the driver did speak Spanish.  I wonder what they would have done if they had an English-only driver.  Probably produced a better English than they were letting on - a lot of them do that - play dumb but they speak English pretty well. 

Ron started talking about Trump, which got the couple discussing having pork and chicken with cheese, for dinner.  I couldn't envision a more nauseating combination.  It made me gag, hearing them talk, about it. 

They got let off in a marginal apartment complex near a big drug-dealing area.  I was happy to get out of there. 

On the way, I ordered more Scripture booklets from my cell phone.  400 ought to hold me for a while.  I got "Who Am I That a King Would Die in my place?" 

I would love to get an assortment, but they made that a little harder to do, you select the book title now and then how many.  Not complaining, it is a good interface, but I used to be able to type "500 English Assorted" and get just that.  But I'm whining. 

So I'm home.  I told you about my day.  I was going to clean the litter boxes but someone just used one, so they must still be "acceptable".  I'll get them tomorrow. 

I have to get up at 4 AM tomorrow for work, so I'm going to bed. 

I'm tired. 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Remember, I haven't taken any of my crazy pills in nearly a week, that's a big deal. I should be having a meltdown about now, but I'm not. I attribute that to God, and good lithium levels to begin with. "

So god helps you with your mental illness but leaves you in a marriage to be verbally abused and mistreated? Doubtful. This is why I can't stand christians. They make up stories about god and how he supposedly works in their lives, but when you point out some pretty obvious facts to prove that NO he does nothing. You just get more justifications. More than likely since you have been on your meds for so long your body has a tolerance and that's the reason a week off them is not as big a deal as opposed to the person you cited in your post who went crazy when he stopped taking the meds for a short period of time (plus since people are liars you never really know the truth of a situation anyway).

Heather Knits said...

No, I had another, 3-day migraine about 10 years ago. I got so nasty Ron was hiding in his room, afraid to come out.

Still giving God the credit on this one. If I'm *late* with my meds I can have problems. Totally absent meds for nearly a week SHOULD have caused a lot more problems. But they didn't. So I thank God for that.

Sorry for making you nuts. :)

Anonymous said...

If that was the case god could heal you of your mental illness and you would not need to take your medicine anymore. BUT we both know that god can't heal you of your mental illness. So instead christians will pick and choose events and circumstances in their lives to try and prove that god is doing things for them and helping them. When in reality they are kidding themselves. Surely god knows that the meds you are on are very toxic for your system and that your mental illness is not a good thing, yet no spontaneous healing and no fixing something that would obviously prove without a doubt that yes god is doing things to help human beings on this earth.

You can google and see all kinds of information about people who stop their meds and don't go full blown back to their mental illness right away (some claim to have been off 1-2 years). It is just science. Since you are a consistent taker of your meds for X number of years you are just not going to see your old behaviors come back right away. Not to mention you still have depressive and manic episodes even though you are taking your meds too. So it is not a 100% fix either.

Anonymous said...

Why do you read this blog? GOD said in the last days people will be mockers...

Anonymous said...

2 Peter 3:3

Anonymous said...

Not mocking just stating the truth.

Anonymous said...

But why keep coming to the blog of someone who belongs to a group of people you can't stand and 100% don't agree with? Move along and leave Heather alone maybe?

Anonymous said...

No...you are mocking. Not taking the bait anymore.