Saturday, February 17, 2018

2 days in one, again

Yesterday started very early, at 2:30 AM.  I got up, got ready, went to work at 3:40.  Work was slow, but I stocked what I could and helped Ron.  When things get busy again, he's going to miss all the extra attention.  Our guy was a little late but not very, and it was the "good" guy.  Praise God.  I was so happy to see him. 

I've mentioned that Keurig bought Dr Pepper, I have been worried they would "downsize" him.  They didn't.  They didn't get rid of our repair people, either. 

Speaking of, soda 1 was still acting like a butt.  It wasn't taking money.  A vending machine, not taking money, is actually a big problem.  Ron talked me into going into the diagnostics mode and figuring out the problem: Bad validator motor.  Well, there's that.  We don't have another validator and I don't know how to replace them, anyway.  I do know you have to turn off the power before you plug in a valdator or it will fry.  So, one machine down. 

Ron and I focused on the other 2 canned soda machines, and the bottled vendor.  The bottled vendor is doing well. 

Our delivery was pretty uneventful, except they brought 8 Diet Dr Peppers, instead of 4.  Ron will not need to order any of those for months, especially since I'm not drinking them. 

We finally finished up and went home.  I had time for a very short nap, which I took.  Then I put on my workboots and got dressed, went to the dentist.  They had worked Ron in, which meant he was pretty much the last patient seen. 

I read 3 magazines while waiting.  Ron and I chatted.  Ron's back is bad enough that he can't recline for long, in the dentist chair.  He has to sit up as long as possible, so they let him, and only put him back when Doc is working on him.  It works. 

Doc finally came in, they did an X-ray.  Ron may have an infection, so they will be treating him with antibiotics and then sending him to an entodontist.  I think I spelled that right. 

We left with our prescription and went to the Walmart.  We got a kiddie cart and I loaded Ron, and the wheelchair.  We went to the pharmacy and turned in the prescription.  We got Ron some protein drinks and shopped around.  We got the prescription.  I checked out. 

One thing I bought were some premade casserole type dishes.  One is a macaroni thing, another is some sort of beef and rice casserole.  I also got burritos and hot dogs, easy food. 

We went home, I put everything away.  Ron wanted to go to Denny's so we did that. 

While there, I heard a pompous jackass going on about locking up all crazy people.  I thought it was pretty rude.  You can't lump us all together.  Some of us are hardworking, dedicated, and responsible.  We stick with our treatment plans.  Others, yes, are dangerous.  But we are different. 

I almost got up and said something to him but I didn't.  Why?  My better judgement prevailed, because I had taken my medication.   If I hadn't been medicated I definitely would have said something. 

After he left, I told my waitress (she had taken care of him, too) "I'm bipolar" she interrupted me "So am I".  I laughed.  "Wouldn't that guy have freaked if he knew about us?" and I told her about his comments.  She shook her head. 

We went home.  I collapsed into bed. 

I forgot to set my alarm.  Our pickup was due at 6:30.  Ron woke me up at 6.  My hair looked like greasy roadkill, I had to take a shower.  I did.  I also noted I had started my period.  I used my "best protection" and got dressed. 

Our ride came on time and took us to the warehouse.  I got our stuff, and tried to find some Paydays for the candy bags.  I figure a Payday link would be a good choice, as it's not very melty.  Our weather is getting hot, and chocolate is only good up to about 75 degrees.  We're topping that, now.  I don't, and won't, hand out melted candy bars. 

The store didn't have any regular sized Paydays.  I finally decided to buy some Peanut M&M's.  They seem less melty than a Snickers bar. 

Jack came and took us to work.  I got everything unloaded and helped Ron, I didn't even have to stock.  That's not good.  Ron sorted change for a while.  We have a machine (on loan, of course) that separates quarters, dimes, and nickels.  He worked that until he finished. 

I went to the bathroom.  My underwear looked like a massacre.  My best protection had been overwhelmed by an astounding amount of "product".  I had almost bled through my clothes, something that hasn't happened in decades.  Thank God I had more supplies. 

I was really glad I had caught it before we went home, I can't imagine how I would have felt if I had left a bloodstain on one of their nice, light gray, seats.  Horrible.  It didn't happen. 

I went back to Ron, mentally cursing hormonal flunctuations.  I haven't had trouble like this since my teens.  Hormones are out of whack now, just like they were then. 

I am going to have to take things to the next level, doubling up with a max pad plus max tampon.  Sorry if TMI, but this was a part of my day. 

I helped Ron finish up and put everything away.  I have plenty of supplies, if people ever buy anything. 

We left and went home.  I had time for a nap.  Thank God.  We went out for a cheap dinner and had a good time. 

When I got home I called my parents.  They are doing well. 

I'm getting ready to go to bed early.  I am pretty tired, I barely checked into my online sites, just enough to let them know I'm OK. 

One day I didn't check into Facebook for a couple of days and my friends were freaking out, worried I was in the throes of a deep depression, or worse. 

Anyway, that's it.  I hope you're having a good weekend. 

No comments: