Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Itchy

I got up at 7 this morning. I tried to sleep late, but that's all I got.  So I got up.  I did my God Time an took a shower.  I got online for a while.  I decided I would go to the drugstore near my house. 

I got my bus pass and headed out the door.  Some other people were waiting at the other bus stop near my subdivision.  You might think I wouldn't like that, but I do.  The more people ride the bus the more likely we are to keep it, and get better service.  Besides, I have seldom had problems with people riding the bus.  People in cars driving by and splashing me with water - yes. 

I didn't wait long.  The bus driver was nice.  I rode for a couple of minutes and got off, walked to the drugstore.  There was a homeless guy in a wheelchair begging outside the door.  I could tell by the way he held his legs he wasn't paralyzed, and he had pretty good muscle tone.  A really paralyzed or even partially paralyzed person has terrible muscle tone, like Ron.  They also get a mottled look due to poor circulation.  So I could tell he was faking, he was an able bodied guy in a wheelchair he stole.  It really pissed me off.  He started to approach, took one look at my face, and backed off. 

I went in and did some shopping.  I bought an aromatherapy roll on: rosemary and peppermint.  Years ago, when Ron was in a coma, I did aromatherapy on him with rosemary and peppermint.  It's very invigorating.  I figured it would be good to try now. 

I also got some snacks.  I wandered around for a while and checked out.  One guy was asking everyone for money to help make up his total, on shaving supplies.  I can't recall the last time I asked strangers for money (barring my go fund me).   I didn't contribute.  It's been my experience that guys like that generally make more than I do. 

Like the customers at work, make 3x what I do, always asking for "something free" and never buy anything. 

I paid for my stuff and crossed the street, but missed the bus.  That wasn't as bad as you might think: I knew I had missed it.  I knew I didn't have to hurry.  I could take my time.  So that wasn't too bad. 

I went to the bus stop and tried one of my cookies.  They were awful.  I tried feeding them to the birds but even the birds didn't seem to want them.  I ate my chips and drank my Sprite Zero.  The bus came.  It was the same driver who had brought me.  I thought that was funny.  So did he. 

I got home pretty fast.  I saw a lot of mosquitoes but they didn't bother me until about 20 minutes ago.  I took a nap.  Torbie joined me. 

Ron stole her with treats, and when I woke up I gave him a joking hard time about it.  I really love to sleep with Torbie.  I got up. 

He asked if I would like to go to the Taqueria.  That sounded fun so we went.  We had a good time, he only drank one beer.  He had eaten before he went so he didn't get obnoxious.  We had a little confusion on a cab coming home but we got home. 

I decided it was time to trim Ron's beard.  He wanted to put it off again but it was never going to happen if we kept doing that.  We got the shaver, extension cord, etc.  I took him out in the catio and shaved him, using a flashlight to check my work (it was pretty dark by now).  He felt it and said it was fine, so we finished up and went inside. 

A mosquito got inside when Ron and I came back, and it's been biting me and flying around my head, in a very annoying fashion.  I may have killed it, I sure tried.  It's the little, mean, Anopheles mosquito.  They are the worst.  The big bodied ones are not so bad, but the anopheles have small bodies and short legs, and love to bite!  Ugh. 

I'm so itchy.  It got me on both shoulders and my collarbone.  I'm going to have to be very careful about changing out the water bowl the next couple days, because I'm sure it will lay eggs in there. 

It's 7:30.  I will probably stay up for another half hour and then go to bed.  I'm pretty tired.  For me, a pretty busy day.  I meant to do a load of laundry but that didn't happen.  But I did get out and have some fun.  It wasn't much - I didn't go to the Galleria, but I did get out and enjoy some fresh air and exercise. 

That's it for now.  More tomorrow. 

No comments: