Saturday, February 10, 2018

"I was hanging off the seat"

We went to Denny's last night.  It wasn't a very good trip.  The service was very slow, and the waitress seemed confused.  I wasn't happy. 

I just ordered a build your own slam, and Ron had garlic bread, but it took forever to get the food.  No butter on my english muffin.  No butter WITH my english muffin.  The ham was OK, and the pancakes, once I had them bring butter for them.  They only had 3 tables occupied in the whole place. 

My waitress was so busy speaking Spanish to the small family nearby, she totally ignored us.  I felt that was very rude. 

Normally we leave a "good" tip.  This time, we left 20%. 

We came home.  I took my magnesium citrate powder, in water, and went to bed at 8.  Just as I was falling asleep, #6 came home.  They go out, sometimes, on Friday night.  I noticed they were gone.  It was well after 9 PM.  The kids were screaming and yelling, then they went out in the back yard to play soccer for a couple of minutes.  Then they went in the house for about half an hour, and came back out to play soccer.  They did this repeatedly, until well after 10 PM.  I was Not Happy, but I figured I would get my "revenge" today when our ride arrived at 6 AM. 

Normally I feel very bad if the driver makes some noise, honks, plays the radio loudly, or backs into our driveway.  The cabs have the "backup beep" you hear on commercial vehicles.  I can't make them be totally quiet, and sometimes I feel bad about this. 

However, with the very rude treatment I got last night, I didn't feel at all bad when he honked twice, when he arrived.  He was early.  Ron was doing his "no one can make me come out until the pickup time" routine and driving me nuts.  We came out.  Now, we have a wheelchair ramp going from the kitchen door to the body of the garage.  It is a folding ramp, metal, and somewhat noisy when we are coming down it.  No way to stop that, either.  I didn't feel bad about any of it, not even when the driver got out of the vehicle and loudly greeted us. 

Some of us get up early.  Sorry to wake you up, hopefully you will remember, Ron and Heather get up at 4 AM on Saturday now.  

Like I said in a comment on my other post, I don't mind kids playing during normal hours.  I do mind them making noise when "normal" people are trying to sleep, like 10 PM at night. 

We went to Sam's Club, eventually.  We had to pick someone else up.  We actually drove past the wholesale club to go get her, then we came back.  That's paratransit for you.  They are paid by how many people are riding, per mile, so it's in their best interest to ride people around in large groups for as long as possible. 

We finally got to the store.  It was raining.  They had a dry cart for me, which I appreciated.  They were out of the water we sell, which I did not appreciate.  We still have 4 cases at work, though.  I bought everything we needed and got some more Driver Candy. 

I am pretty praise-driven when it comes to the candy.  If someone digs around and takes out a caramel, exclaiming "I love these!" I will be a lot more likely to restock when I run out.  So far, I've had good feedback on the Now and Laters, caramels, Brachs assorted, and fruit chews.  I bought more fruit chews today.  They come in a case of 100 bags for about $8.  I also got some more chocolate, which everyone loves except me (because it gives me migraines!). 

Jack came.  It was relatively dry by now.  We got the truck loaded (well, he did).  We went to work and unloaded, again, still dry, thank God.  It really sucks to unload the truck in the freezing cold, pouring, rain.  But not today! 

I didn't do much stocking, I will get it on Monday.  Monday will probably be a little long. 

It was pretty uneventful, me helping Ron stock.  We did have a problem with a soda machine.  I had to figure out how to disassemble the validator and take out a bad bill, which I gave to Ron.  Once I got the bad bill out, it worked fine.  Ron tried to "get" it and almost broke it.  I had to walk away before I shouted at him. 

We finally finished up and left.  We had a very short wait, maybe 2 minutes, on our ride.  Again, not a straight trip.  We rode with the blind couple who live in the bad apartment complex near work.  They were both stuffed in the back with Ron.  They are not thin, so, as Ron said later, "I was hanging off the seat".  We got them dropped (at a restaurant) and went home. 

I was pretty tired, not getting my sleep last night, so I took a nap after eating some peanut butter pretzels.  They give me a headache, not a migraine, but they are so good. 

They are the pretzel "cushion" with the peanut butter filling.  A funny story about them.  When I was at the store, looking at them, I picked them up and put them in my cart.  A man behind me said "There they are!" and grabbed a canister for himself.  "I'm having a hard day" he said.  I looked in his cart (I am nosy) and saw a package of adult women's diapers.  I can imagine what kind of days he has!  I'm a caregiver too!  I didn't say anything, but just smiled as I left. 

I took my nap, had a pretty good one, but I did wake up with a headache from the pretzels.  I took some Excedrin.  I hope I don't regret that, I don't want the caffeine to mess with me. 

I need to get rid of those pretzels, but they're so good!   I may give them to Ron. 

I need to get some dinner.  I am thinking a hamburger patty and some soup.  I don't have to just eat soup when I'm sick.  I also need to call my Dad. 

Dad sent me a video of the radiation treatment he is getting.  It seems top of the line.  He starts that in a week or so. 

That's it for now.  We have a small outing planned for tomorrow but nothing major.  Hopefully that works out. 

I may buy some new cat food while I'm out, too.  They eat a lot of dry. 

Biscuit was so good when I had the migraine, he was happy eating just dry food instead of the can of wet every morning.  I was so miserable I couldn't bear the thought of opening one of those smelly cans, but he was fine, as long as he had something to eat. 

Have a good one! 

No comments: