Saturday, February 10, 2018

At least I don't have a headache

I went to bed early last night, and was just starting to dream, when #6 came home last night.  They made a tremendous amount of racket. 

"So much" I thought to myself "For them being quiet on Friday nights".  The older kids went into the backyard and played soccer for a while, kicking the ball into my fence.  It was well after 9 PM.  I finally went back to sleep, and they made more noise.  And again. 

Once I got to sleep, I slept pretty well but not long enough.  I am exhausted.  It's raining; that's going to make our supply run pretty miserable. 

But at least I don't have a headache.  There's always that, at least. 

I am petty enough to hope we disturb them for a change, when we leave for work at 6. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know how long you have lived in your house, but in the old days people used to buy a house, have kids and pretty much die in the same place. That meant as people got older and the kids grew up and moved out the neighborhood became a more quiet and kid free zone. Unfortunately living surrounded by houses that are rentals you will probably always have kids playing and making noise next to you as your neighborhood will never mature. Another reason to hate the housing crash of 2007 and the fact that people aren't being paid a livable wage so many have to continue to live with family and raise kids there too.

Heather Knits said...

I don't mind the kids playing during the day. It's like, last night, playing at 10 PM when I have to get up at 4 the next day. That's a problem, and, in my book, rude. They have all the time in the world during the daylight hours 'till about 8PM to make racket, but running around and screaming outside my bedroom at 10? And later? That's a problem. During their parties they will often "go" until 2-3 AM. I don't know what they are giving the kids to get them so cranked up, and I probably don't want to know.