Monday, February 12, 2018

Finally raised our soda prices

Ron had a hard time getting drunk last night, kept blaming the "big lunch" he ate.  He kept going back to drink more and more and more. 

He finally asked me for help getting to bed.  I pushed his wheelchair next to the bed and left him.  He collapsed, half in the bed, half in the wheelchair.  It looked very uncomfortable, and, not surprisingly, he had a lot of back pain today. 

 He kept waking me up, making noise, grunts, groans, etc.  I didn't sleep well.  I slept in as late as I could this morning, I had Biscuit in my bed.  He was very cute and cuddly, purry, and just outright adorable. 

I finally dragged myself out of bed, brushed my teeth, and fed him.  I got dressed and we went to work.  It was pretty standard at first, stocking snack machines, helping Ron with sodas.  We are having problems with soda one, it isn't taking money.  That's a problem. 

We had scheduled to have the guy come out today to raise prices on all the vending machines,but he was very late.  We didn't get out of there for hours.  In the meantime I got my sandwiches, stocked, etc.  Waited around a lot.  Talked to the other vendor. 

Finally, he showed.  The other vendor "let" us have him first.  He changed all the prices.

Ron's back was really bad, so I got the sleeping bag out and had him lie down on the floor.  That helped. 

The customers are going to have a fit.  I expect at least one nasty note on the vending machines when we go back.  But, I explained to one of the gossips, Dr Pepper was bought out by another company (none of our demographic know "Keurig"), and they raised prices. 

We finally got out of there and came home.  I rode with a driver who had a million questions about the cats.  I answered them. 

We got home.  It was cold out, but warm in the house.  I ate an insane amount of beef jerky because I was craving something salty.  I seem to be OK with beef jerky, and the headaches. 

I took a long nap.  Ron was quiet.  I plan to go to bed pretty soon and get some more sleep.  The weather is cold out so no one wants to be outside making noise. 

I notice #6 isn't working recently.  I don't know if he lost his construction business or is taking time off.  Sometimes he does this. 

Biscuit is lying by my foot, being cute.  He's really adorable.  He isn't "Oh how cute" to look at, he is just a plain looking gray and white cat, but his personality is adorable.  He's such a good boy. 

Torbie slept with me, too, some last night and some today.  That was great.  Then she went to Ron.  I saw Baby Girl, too, but she didn't want any petting.  She's more Ron's cat. 

That's it for now. 

No comments: