Tuesday, February 6, 2018

I pay for sanity, in fatigue

So, today. 

I got up early, but Biscuit was in my bed, all plump and cute, purring.  I hit the snooze button a few times and went back to bed.  When I finally got up, I didn't have much time. 

I did have time to give Biscuit his kisses, and his breakfast.  He is such a sweet cat.  You know I love him when, vomiting for days, I still opened up a can of smelly cat food every day so he could have his nums. 

I took my shower and got ready.  Ron had forgotten to call in trips to go to the dentist so he had to call a cab.  We got a ride pretty quick.  He didn't know how to put the wheelchair away so I showed him.  It's not hard, and the wheelchair (this one) isn't heavy.  Well, God's given me what I need to sling it around, I'll put it that way. 

We got to the dentist 10 minutes early.  They had to drill off the temporary crown, which meant they had to numb Ron, and of course the drilling.  I hate the sound of the dentist drill.  I know, in the long run, it brings relief, but I just hate that sound.  I think most do. 

After we finished we went to Walmart.  I found a kiddie cart and loaded Ron.  Ron was in a pretty bad mood but he perked up and we had fun shopping.  I had forgotten my reusable tote bags so, when we checked out, we had to use regular plastic. 

There was a woman waiting, obviously, for a cab.  She had two shopping carts full of processed crap food, and drinks, but was amazingly still pretty thin.  I wondered if we would have problems with her trying to take our cab when Ron called one. 

Ron went down the list, calling cab drivers, but no one was available.  Ron called Yellow and put the trip out.  A minute later, I saw a sedan cab go by the door and I thought it was for the woman.  She went out. 

A minute later, the cab driver came into the store.  It was Michael.  We know him very well.  He told us to "come on!" and we went.  I passed the other woman, waiting with her stuff, and wondered that our cab had come so much faster than her ride. 

As I passed her, she told me Michael was "her cab" but she didn't like him.  She started trash talking him but I wasn't listening because we were putting Ron in the car, and then all our crap (about $50 between the two of us, in purchases).  I got in the cab and we left. 

I asked Michael if we had "stolen" her cab, and he said no.  He had come out for her, but she didn't want him, and then he saw our trip and took that instead.  So we were in the right. 

I asked if she was a lousy tipper, and Mike said she didn't tip at all, and had cheated him a couple times on the fare.  So we did him a favor.  We don't cheat drivers on the fare. 

We went home and I put all the crap away.  Ron and I had a small argument.  I can't get into details but I wouldn't help him do something he shouldn't be doing anyway.  He got upset and threatened to take away my trip to Denny's, later.  I said go ahead and ate my leftover pizza from yesterday, and then took my pills. 

Ron backed off and said our ride would arrive in a few hours, so I took a nap, again, with Biscuit.  No, my mistake.  It was Torbie.  I have so many awesome cats it is hard to keep them straight. 

I had a good nap and actually woke up before the alarm.  I was surprised.  I got up and did some computer work, bagged up some candy, and did my Bible Study.  I got dressed and ready.  I checked the mail. 

I had already taken out the garbage.  I heard Baby Girl, by the front window (her favorite spot) making noises.  I looked out the window to see  a nice, plump, dove pecking away at our grass.  Baby Girl was going nuts. 

Our driver arrived.  #6 (the whole family) were headed out, with the kids running wild in the driveway.  I warned the driver those kids run in the street and she thanked me.  If they won't be responsible, I will.  Who doesn't teach their kids to stay out of the street? 

We went to Denny's.  Paratransit left us there for almost 2 hours.  It was pretty good, I just had a dessert.  Ron had a grilled cheese and soup. 

We were picked up by a big van, on the way home.  The other client had an extreme amount of groceries hogging up 3 seat spaces.  It's a miracle there was room for us and the wheelchair.  She was very obese, in a wheelchair.  She was talking on the phone about how she had bought "salad, for the kids....Oh, you know, the cut up apples with caramel sauce?"  I don't think that qualifies as "salad" in any context.  I would hate to see "dessert". 

We came home, I saw utility trucks parked at the house behind us.  It's a rental (I am nearly surrounded by rent houses) and they are apparently fixing up the utilities.  I sure hope whoever lives there is quiet.  Please, Lord, let them be quiet. 

It's not a very good school district, in my opinion.  Some kids are bused in from one of the very worst ghettoes in Houston, to these schools.  Not exactly the peer group I would want for my kids.  But I don't have kids so I'm not worried.  But it's something a "quality" tenant is going to investigate.  Sigh. 

I didn't expect so many houses around me (5 that I know of, in a one block area around me) to go rental.  It's a mixed bag.  Some of the tenants are very quiet, clean, respectful.  Some of them are obnoxious jerks I pray to see evicted.  The former #2 was a hoarder and just utterly obnoxious, and he lived there for several years.  He brought rats.  It doesn't get much worse than that.  Thank God for Bubba, my big black cat.  I think the rats called him "Death".  I'll keep you posted. 

Ron's in bed, after drinking.  Well, there's that. 

Biscuit is lying by my foot.  It's 7:30 on my day off, and I have tomorrow off.  I will probably go to bed early. 

I am proud I got back on the medication routine so quickly after my migraine.  It would have been easy to drop the ball.  I pay for sanity, in fatigue.  It's a pretty high price.  I'm willing to pay it because I spent too long unmedicated. 

I often wonder how my life would have been different if I had been diagnosed and medicated at a young age (say, 7).  As it is, I spent:
All my school years.
Meeting Ron
Dating Ron
Marrying Ron
Unmedicated, "under the influence" so to speak.  I think, had I been medicated, I would have set much firmer boundaries, and been a lot more assertive, with Ron from the beginning.  Maybe we would have made it, maybe not. 

But I'll never know.  I've only been "clear" (to borrow a Scientology term) for the last 10 years or so.  Less than that, actually.  I can't see how people live without psychiatric medication. 

Anyway, I am tired so I'm going to bed.  Maybe I'll see the cats, maybe not.  I hope I do.  They're pretty cute. 

I do notice, though, whenever I show off cat photos people always use the word "fat".  I have such a hard time putting them on a diet, when I know they were starved when I got them.  I just can't bear to put them back in that place, and deal with all the sad meows, begging, etc. 

I am an enabler. 

No comments: