Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Day off, part 1

Something nice happened yesterday, my Dad sent me a nice text with a smiling picture of him.  It meant a lot.  Dad has never been the super cuddly type but I've always known he loved me.  Yes, God will show him a few things one day, but that's between them. 

So.  I went to bed last night, early, and slept pretty well.  I had a nice dream in which I was travelling, with my Dad.  Then the dream changed and I had a headache in the dream.  And I woke up with a fairly nasty headache.  We'll call it a 3.5 on a 1-10. 

I debated.  I could take the aspirin, and go back to sleep, or I could take the excedrin and be up half the night.  It was 3:30 AM.  I opted for the aspirin, as it wasn't "too bad" and it was so early. 

It didn't work.  So now I was stuck waiting 4 hours so I could take the Excedrin.  I did manage to get a little sleep but it was fitful.  Biscuit joined me.  He's a good boy. 

When the alarm went off, I took my Excedrin (it helped, a lot, headache went from a 6 down to a 2), and fed Biscuit.  Ron sure got out of the way fast when I headed his way with the empty cat food can!  Oooh, it reeked.  I threw it away. 

I talked to Ron a little as I drank some diet tea.  Next step will be cutting out the aspartame - as much as possible, because I just read a convincing study that aspartame is linked to headaches. 

What to drink?  Well, I can do plain water.  I can do sparkling water.  Work will - may be - tough but I plan to ask Ron to order me some of the Ozarka 1 liter sparkling water bottles.  They are sold by our supplier and should be available to all vendors.  If I can get ahold of those, that will make my life easier to drink.  I will have something fun and bubbly to drink, that won't give me headaches or make me freak out from caffeine overdose. 

I played some music for Ron.  He wasn't sure he had heard anything by Def Lepperd.  I played "Pour some Sugar on Me" and then "Hysteria".  He didn't like it.  He isn't into hard rock or metal.  I am.  Funny how that worked out. 

So then he wanted some Garth Brooks, being a good Texan.  I played a couple for him.  Then he wanted Neil Diamond, "You don't bring me flowers".  He got a little emotional during that one until I teased him that he never "comes through the door" I push him through the door.  He laughed at that. 

We let the cats play in the garage for a little bit and they had a good time.  The came in and I shut the door. 

I took a shower, I hadn't yesterday and my hair needed it.  Ron sat in the doorway and talked to me while I did and we had an interesting conversation.  Then he went off to bed. 

He was drinking first thing this morning when he got up.  It makes me angry.  It makes me sad.  It makes me scared. 

Now the alarm is going off for us to go to Walmart.  For some reason he just had a bug to go to Walmart.  Then he said he wanted to go to Spec's after Walmart, like "We did the other time" and buy another case of vodka.  I didn't know I would be drafted to go on more of these trips.  He mentioned I don't have to touch it or anything, but I still don't like being present when the alcohol is purchased.  It reeks of tacit approval; and I don't approve. 

Ugh.  It's enough to make my headache worse.  I will have to do some thinking to decide if I am OK with this.  I was fine with Ron sending a strange person off to get it and then meeting them in the garage.  I was reluctantly OK with guarding the door to the garage so the cats didn't get out; because if they do they could get hurt, go missing, or killed.  It's not a good world anymore for cats.  But this... agh. 

Anyway, I need to go make sure Ron is ready for Walmart.  I imagine, since he is getting alcohol at the end of it, he will be pretty motivated to get ready but we'll see. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you seenb the commercial for the newb Pepsi sparkling water called Bubli?
I would buy that...I love grapefruit lacroix and perrier.