Monday, February 26, 2018

Fifteen cents

I had a hard time falling asleep last night but I finally dropped off.  I didn't get enough sleep. 

I woke up with Torbie!  That's always a good day right there.  I got up and took my shower. 

We went to work.  I had some work to do with snacks but I did it.  I helped Ron with his stocking.  I dealt with customers complaining.  You'd swear we raised prices to $1.50.  It's fifteen cents people, in ten years.  One guy basically told me he was happy buying sodas as long as (we were basically giving them away), but now that they'd gone up to 90 cents he was rethinking it.  It's fifteen cents.  Show me one business where prices stay the same, forever.  They don't.  Prices are always going up, even at Walmart.  And it's fifteen cents, in ten years.  Ugh. 

I was polite but a little exasperated.  I was glad to get back to my real job. 

I also mailed my health insurance.  Can't forget that.  $416.11.  It's not a very good plan, either. 

We left and came home.  I took a nap.  I had a hard time falling asleep (again) but I woke up with Torbie!  That's a very good day, waking up to her twice. 

She doesn't get in my lap much, hates being picked up, and doesn't follow me around.  But she sleeps with me and that's all I care about.  She's a good girl, a nice old lady who has earned her retirement.  She sure gets excited, though, when one of the other cats brings us a grasshopper, she loves to go after them and pat it with her paw.  She also loves to play with a rope Ron hung off the laundry room door.  It just hangs off a hook, she loves to bat it and chew it.  If I wiggle it, she walks away.  She wants to play with it by herself. 

Biscuit will let me pick him up and hug him, but he doesn't really sleep with me.  He gets into the bed when the alarm goes off, begging for his food.  He sleeps with Ron sometimes and lays in his lap. 

Baby Girl lays in Ron's lap, when he's in bed, but never spends any time with me.  She will let me pet her, that's about it.  But I give her (and Torbie) these special, expensive, freeze-dried fish treats.  The girls love them.  Baby Girl also lets me groom her when she has a mat. 

I got up, hit the snooze button a few times.  It's really hard to get up sometimes when I have Torbie in the bed.  I had a pretty nasty headache, what else is new?  So I took some Excedrin and drank a large glass of water.  We went to Denny's. 

While there, I started feeling really odd, and dizzy.  Like I had just gotten off some sort of spinning carnival ride.  That's the best analogy I can produce.  It's very unpleasant.  I feel off center, wobbly, and dizzy.  Mainly dizzy.  All side effects of pretty much everything I take.  I think it was something interacting with the Excedrin. 

I ate my meal; ham, sausage, pancakes (I didn't eat much of them), and a few bites of fruit salad (I brought that home).  I drank a lot of soda in the hopes it would 'Help" - diet soda of course.  Ron had a low carb meal of eggs, cheese, and bacon.  He is worried about his figure.  Me, not so much. 

But I'm still down below 240.  I'm very happy about that. 

Ron was cold so we left early and waited outside.  Our ride was on time and we had a straight trip home.  I decided to sit down for a while, did that, didn't feel much better.  I still feel fair to partly crappy. 

I ate a mint - spearmint, to see if that would help.  The mint is nice but didn't help the dizziness any.  Next up I will make some Raspberry Lemonade (sugarfree) and see how that helps.  I may just need to go to bed. 

Normally, lately, I don't have any real side effects of note other than the fatigue and brain fog.  And being fat.  I used to feel like this a lot, but it kind of phased out.  It's baaack! 

Ugh. 

I am feeling a little better now.  Thank God.  I am so glad I never had kids: my illness is very genetic.  My kids would have probably had migraines and bipolar.  If I had been able to get them on medication, they would have had to deal with all these side effects.  Not fun.  And I'd have had to watch them suffer.  Glad I never had kids. 

Biscuit is lying by my foot, as if to remind me "Mom, I often lie by your foot when you're on the computer.  You forgot to tell your readers about this."  Yup, I forgot.  He's a good boy, but it does make it hard to get up.  I am seated in a narrow area bordered by a piece of furniture and an exercise bike.  I have to step around him to exit. 

We have tomorrow off, and no trips, so it doesn't matter if I don't sleep tonight.  Have a good one! 

No comments: