Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Tooth #4

This morning, before we left, Ron was lecturing me about my weight and playing his diet book aloud.  I'm supposed to eat a primarily vegetarian diet, with lots of vegetables and starch. 

I don't think so.  I tried eating that way in California for a while.  1.  I was hungry all the time and 2.  I got fatter. 

I tried to tell Ron it wouldn't work but he saw it as me "not trying".  Lecturing me about my weight is not the way to go.  Tell me you're worried about my health.  ASK what you can do to help.  Offer to fix me a meal once in a while.  Help me eat a bag of salad mix.  Don't force me to listen to your talking diet book. 

So, after all that, we went to the dentist.  We had to wait over an hour because, I guess, they were overbooked.  He finally got to us.  He's a nice man. 

I gave him his treat and left him alone with Ron, and ran to my bank to make my deposit.  I have to make sure my health extortion, I mean insurance, goes through.  I also wanted to buy a few things. 

When I got to Walmart, I only got a couple of things, some queso chips (I am addicted to them, but, see, that's a thing Ron could do, encourage me to eat a bag of pork rinds instead), a bottle of shampoo (I bought the wrong stuff), and a bottle of that laundry sanitizer.  I figured that would be a good thing to have in the house with Ron around. 

Then I went back to the dentist.  They were finishing up - they had reglued the crown into place.  Ron said one tooth was "wiggling".  Apparently that tooth will have to go.  Interestingly enough, I also had that tooth pulled 30 years ago to make room for braces.  I don't know about the third tooth, the one Ron said was chipped.  We will see about that. 

We paid up, $36, and went to Walmart.  I pushed him in the wheelchair.  Ron made appreciative comments about me helping him. 

When we got there, we bought Ron a deli plate (since it was just gluing the crown, they didn't have to numb him, and he could eat).  He ate a little of it while we waited on the cab to go home. 

We got home around 1:30.  I took a nap for a couple of hours. 

I did my God Time this morning so that was done.  I watched some TV, checked the mail, talked to Ron. 

I need to clean the litterbox and feed my little beasts, not in that order.  Biscuit is lying on the floor by my chair, patiently waiting for dinner. 

I'm glad he trusts me to feed him.  I always will. 

No comments:

A visit with the parents

So, my Dad's in town.  Along with my adoptive Mom.  Say what you will, she did raise me.  I slept pretty well last night - no noise.  ...