Monday, April 24, 2017

A trip to the dentist.

I am exhausted today. 

I slept OK considering #6 has left his side yard light on for the last couple nights.  It's on steadily, not going off and on.  It's probably easier for me to sleep like that than it would be if it kept "boinking" on and off. 

So, I got up at 5 AM.  Our pickup was 6:30.  I did my God Time later. 

I went to work with Ron.  We had to ride with "the teacher" again.  I don't like her much, for some reason.  For one, I don't think it's professional to gossip about your special needs students and their parents.  Two, she always drags a bunch of crap with her.  Three, she only talks about herself (I'm one to talk, huh?).  Fourth, she is an irresponsible pet owner who won't fix her cat. 

We dropped her at the school, and then we went to work.  We had the driver we had a while ago.  He was hired as an electrician's helper during the remodel so he thinks he knows everything about work, our business, how much money we make, etc.  It's intrusive and disturbing.  I don't ask him how much money he makes.  I know how much he makes, $38 an hour, but I don't ask him questions about it. 

But some people feel like they can interrogate us because we are self employed.  We generally end up being "rude" to them and telling them "We make a little" or something like that. 

The last thing I want are people gossiping about us, talking about we make so much money, etc.  I believe a woman doing that was a factor in my home getting robbed, back in 2012.  Unfortunately these people know where we live.  While I don't think they, themselves, would rob us, I think they probably have ignorant "friends" who would.  So I do my best to shut down that line of conversation. 

I just get uncomfortable when I ride with him, and I've learned to trust my hackles.  He was a decent driver, though. 

We got to work and did it all.  I worked on the coffee machine.  The waste bucket was overflowing and I had to fix that.  I had to use a cup to "bail" the bucket and put the excess into another bucket (the one I bought in case I get sick at work), then pour out both buckets.  It was nasty work. 

I did snacks, they needed a surprising amount of work.  I helped Ron with the bottled vendor.  I stayed busy. 

When we finished, we went to the dentist.  Ron's neuropathy was bothering him pretty badly. 

They saw us pretty fast, and got to work.  Ron had 3 teeth needed work.   I stayed with him.  The first anesthetic shot didn't "take" so they did another one, which made Ron's lip puffy.  The dentist is a nice guy and I trust him. 

I had some bad experiences at the dentist so it takes a lot for me to say that. 

He finished up with Ron, it cost $300 for 3 fillings.  We have a dental discount plan.  That's some expensive trail mix.  Ron says one tooth is still wobbly so that will probably have to be pulled in the future.  I'm sad about that, I hate for anyone to get a tooth pulled, but if it's not working it's not working. 

So, we will have to go back.  In the meantime, Ron and I went to Walmart.  I bought some Keratin shampoo (it does help keep my hair from getting frizzy in the humidity), and a TV dinner for Ron. 

Ron couldn't eat because he was still numb, so I went to McDonald's and bought their fancy chicken sandwich.  It was good, but a little bland.  It needed some sharp cheddar cheese and some bacon. 

It was good, though, and had plenty of protein.  We called a cab and went home. 

Once I got Ron in the house I took a nap.  Ron kept making noise moaning with the neuropathy.  I couldn't exactly yell at him for that. 

He made me very happy when he told me he seldom takes Tylenol anymore.  He said, he realized he had to choose between vodka and Tylenol, and vodka won.  That didn't make me happy but at least he is being smart about his liver. 

My mother was found dead with the same kind of cheap, 2-liter bottle of vodka Ron drinks.  Sad.  Ron thinks it is funny. 

I got up and did a load of towels.  I put towels on all the seats in the house, because Biscuit throws up.  This way, I can just wash a towel instead of having to clean upholstery.  I washed several towels, most of them were pretty clean but I have to figure, if I've been sitting on them for hours a day, they could probably use a wash. 

I did a rinse with 1/3 cup vinegar to get the detergent residue out.  It also helps clean the washer.  They just finished drying. 

Like I said, I'm exhausted.  I took my pills with a bowl of cereal after I got up from my nap.  So at least I am properly medicated. 

I'm going to bed.  I hope you have a good one. 


Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about Biscuit. Maybe he pukes because he is constipated. A cat can go #2 but still be constipated if it is hard and litter doesn't stick to it then he is. My cat has those issues I give him laxatone if he is and sometimes 1/8 teaspoon of miralax does the trick (once in a while not all the time but it depends on your cat and too much can have the reverse effect so best to start small)Walmart has the teaspoon set for 1.00 that has the 1/8 teaspoon in it.

Spankadoo Hardcastle said...

My turn to the dentist today. Yuk! Hope Ron has no more episodes ? He is ok now?

Seagulls are thugs

What have I been up to?  Here's a hint.  I look awful, but I love you, readers, so I will share.  Light colors are not flattering ...