Sunday, April 23, 2017

Ron just scared the hell out of me

I went into his room to ask him for his dirty clothes. 

"Heather" he asked "How is the house laid out?"  What?  "Where is the bathroom, I can't remember." 

[censored]  Great, now we have to deal with dementia?  He truly couldn't recall the location of any room in the house. 

Figuring there was nothing I could do about it, I verbally told Ron the locations of all the rooms (not that we have that many) and went to do laundry. 

A couple of minutes later he told me he remembered, he thought of how I give Baby Girl a "ride" up the hallway to the kitchen, and that triggered his recollection. 

I hope he was just drunk and groggy from being asleep, but this scares he hell out of me. 

1 comment:

Spankadoo said...

There is such a thing as alcoholic dementia . I am sorry!

You need support I believe you can do anything Heather but you need other folks around you...(they are there they are just feeling like you do) ..get.a social worker and ask for community services for yourself . Reeducation support groups get busy doing Heather. Sending love