Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Daddy's Girl

I had a hard time falling asleep last night.  My head was killing me and I had consumed too much caffeine.  I tossed and turned.  I even got up and watched "Deadliest Catch" for a while. 

I finally decided to take a Phenergan.  And this, friends, is why I don't take the hard stuff: the Phenergan knocked me out and let me sleep.  If I took hardcore stuff it probably wouldn't have worked. 

I woke up exhausted and did my God Time later.  I did take my shower, so glad I had already shaved my legs yesterday.  I still had a headache so I took some Excedrin, which helped. 

We went to work.  Things were pretty quiet overall.  We needed a lot of drinks for the bottled vendor, though.  I helped Ron with that. 

Ron ended up calling Chuck to come get us early.  We went to Burger King on the way home.  While I was getting takeout, Ron arranged with Chuck to get more vodka.  [sigh]  The man is in deep. 

The man is enslaved, but he can't see it.  It's sad. 

Oh, I almost forgot.  Before we went to work, but after the Excedrin, I cut the mats out of Baby Girl's fur.  She had developed some mats near her tail (they weren't dirty, just fur).  Ron liked them, he could tell her from Torbie easily.  I didn't, because I have seen too many matted animals on Animal Cops who had to be shaved bald. 

I didn't want to get to that point with Baby Girl.  I figured, I just need to cut out the dead fur, I can do that.  I was nervous as I approached her, because she is terrible about getting medicine.  She will try to kill me, if I give her medicine. 

I was worried she would bite me or try to take a swipe, but she laid next to Ron, purring (she is Daddy's girl) as I approached.  My hands were shaking from the caffeine and nerves.  I picked up a clump.  She kept purring.  I began to snip.  Still purring.  I took several small snips to make sure I got it all without hurting her.  She kept purring.  Good.  I got the other one (the two of them together were about the size of a quarter). 

Now I need to get Ron to brush her every day.  She likes it when he does it, but not so much when I do it, because, after all, she is a Daddy's girl. 

Back to the rest of my day, we came home and I ate my value burger and chicken nuggets.  Then I took my pills.  I tried to take a nap but the caffeine had me too wound up to rest, plus #6's kids got home from school and wanted to play with Daddy in the yard. 

After that, #2 had some people over and they stood outside, laughing and talking for a while.  I don't think anyone realizes how sound travels into my home.  I can hear everything, if I choose.  I tuned it out and did my God Time instead. 

Then I updated my Bible Study thread.  I fed the cats.  If you want exact measurements, they are getting 2 ounces each of Blue Wilderness Salmon Dry, and 2 ounces of Fancy Feast Salmon Pate, every day.  That's per cat.  Ron thought I was giving all 3 cats, 2 ounces each, and he freaked. 

Maybe it was the wine.  And there goes Baby Girl, nope, Torbie, burying her dinner on the table.  They both are very strong believers in "covering" one's food after it is eaten. 

I think it's cute, unless they "cover" it so hard they knock it off the table! 

No comments:

About my day

I woke up with a headache.  Agh.  I was worried it might morph into a migraine, but the Excedrin killed it.  Good thing, because I forgot to...