Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Making the habit is the hardest part

Sorry I didn't do a post yesterday, by the time I thought to do it, it was time for bed. 

I got up at 7:20 and went to Walmart yesterday, did some shopping, came home.  I didn't make my bank deposit because my brain froze and I couldn't remember the account number. 

We came home, I put my stuff away, and I took a nap.  I got a pretty good nap.  It was raining all yesterday morning but not very heavy.  The rain stopped during my nap. 

I got up, I had already done my God Time, and watched a little TV.  I had eaten something at Walmart and taken my pills. 

While at Walmart, I found some Reese's PB eggs on clearance from Easter (what does a peanut butter egg have to do with Jesus?).  I ate a couple, which are probably directly responsible for my headache today.  I remember thinking they would have been better chilled.  Maybe I will put the survivors into the fridge and eat one at a time. 

We are going to the dentist today, so I decided to go to bed early.  I went to bed around 7 PM.  It's a good thing I did, Ron got drunk and woke me up several times, one time when he was coughing.  He likes to hold the alcohol in his mouth. 

There's a story on that.  Years ago (about 20), Ron wanted me to read to him how alcohol is metabolized.  He heard most of it is absorbed through the mouth.  So, now, he holds it in his mouth for a minute or two before he swallows it.  I am certain this practice has led to some of his dental problems. 

I slept pretty well, had some odd dreams, but woke up before the alarm.  I have as much energy as I ever do, especially after my Mountain Dew (I drink a Diet Dew every morning).  I brushed my teeth with my new toothpaste (restores enamel and kills gingivitis).  It was pretty good.  I waited a while before I drank my Mountain Dew, though. 

Ron was not interested in toothpaste, toothbrushes, brushing his teeth in any form, etc.  He only showed a passing interest in mouthwash, which waned when I told him I thought "Peppermint" was really "Cool Mint" flavor. 

I guess he will use my mouthwash this morning, the one I use after I get sick (ha ha).  I always rinse my mouth with that after I get sick, but I don't usually use mouthwash.  I did buy some Total Mouthwash so I can keep killing those gingivitis germs while I sleep, but I forgot to use it last night. 

I think making the habit is the hardest part.  This morning, I had pain on my upper right gumline.  I don't know if it is the headache or actual gingivitis pain.  Whatever it is, I took some aspirin and that helped. 

If it was a headache, the Mountain Dew will help too. 

Worst case, if it is gingivitis issues, a good $100 scraping (I have a discount plan) will take care of that.  It is miserable during the procedure but I'm always happy to have it done.  I couldn't do it today, though, because I took the aspirin. 

I tend to bleed a lot, anyway, during the scraping. 

So, I need to get out of my chair, go take my shower, get dressed, do what I can of my God time, and get Ron ready for the dentist.  He is taking a cab both ways. 

I would have taken paratransit to go, but he didn't want to do that.  He said we would get there early.  How is that a bad thing? 

I have some treats for the office people, and the dentist, hanging on the back of Ron's wheelchair.  They always like the treats. 

Ironic brining sugar snacks to the dentist.  Well, not the dentist, he's diabetic, but peanut butter cheese crackers. 

At any rate, I need to go.  I will keep you posted on what was done and how much it cost. 

Ouch.  I'm already clenching up in anticipation. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well holding booze in his mouth that is a new one..glad he didnt try the tampons soaked in booze up his nethers because kids are doing that to get drunker faster with less calories and ending up with alcohol poisoning because it hits so fast

Oh i just learned to put a cap of cheapo antibacterial mouthwash in my laudry it really adds a nice freshness to the load.