Sunday, April 23, 2017

Mutual benefit

I'm pretty tired today. 

Yesterday was long, too. 

Anyway, yesterday: I got up at 5.  I would have gotten up at 4 but Biscuit was in my bed, all cute, fat, and adorable.  I did my God Time later. 

We went to the warehouse.  I was able to buy what I considered to be "enough" snack products to sell.  I was glad I didn't get any Frito Lay kettle chips, they are under recall.  Salmonella.  I've had a run with salmonella and it was pretty miserable, the sickest I had been in a long time. 

I used to get pretty sick when I was a kid, always around Christmas, which I hated.  I would get the flu for weeks, and just when my stepmother thought she'd better take me to the hospital, I would make a miracle recovery.  It scared her to death. 

The last flu I got was 2006.  No, I don't get the shot.  It put both my siblings in the hospital. 

I believe in vaccines for tetanus, things like that.  I vaccinate my cats.  They are up to date on everything.  But don't go sticking a needle in my arm. 

I got a diet decaf soda, I was sad to hear about the study that says diet soda usage has been linked to strokes and dementia, but I'm not sure I believe it.  I drank my "death" and enjoyed it.  The last time I got a soda there the carbonation was messed up.  This time, they had fixed it. 

We waited for Jack and got a helper to help him load the truck.  He doesn't want our help, loading the truck.  He has a system.  He does manage to get everything all squashed in there. 

We went to work and I got the carts.  Jack did most of the unloading (he does, every time), and we got everything put up on the carts.  I dragged them into our work area. 

Snacks looked pretty depleted so I got to work on them.  Ron got to work on the canned soda.  We loaded the fridge and took out the Monster energy drinks, then I stocked them into the food machine.  We had plenty of sandwiches to hold us until Monday, I was happy to note, so I didn't have to worry about that. 

I went back to snacks.  I had work to do with crackers, cookies, candy bars, in addition to my work with the chips.  Like I tell Ron, no one ever calls in a complaint about an empty soda machine.  I got it all done, except for the pastry, and helped Ron with the bottled vendor. 

We got that done, replaced the cold drinks in the fridge, and I put everything on the carts.  See, I use the carts for storage.  If I have leftover inventory on the carts, on Saturday, I have to take it off the carts so I can make room for stuff from the warehouse.  I put it on a table.  Then I have to make room on the carts, for the stuff on the table.  It can get tricky at times.  I managed. 

It helped that I had to put a couple of cases of warm drinks into the fridge to chill for stocking Monday. 

At any rate, we finished up.  We had a pretty good ride home and I took a short nap. 

The advertised cold front came in, dropping temperatures about 20 degrees (F).  It was in the mid 60's yesterday and apparently today. 

I got up and did my God Time, Biscuit came and hung out with me while I did. 

Ron flipped the thermostat from "cool" to "Heat". 

We went out to the BBQ restaurant we like (the one that is "far away").  It looked like a good trip, they would leave us there for an hour. However, there was another client on board the vehicle.  She was going to Acres Homes, pretty far away. 

The driver parked in front of #6, blocking their driveway.  I was horrified, but the driver wouldn't move "I'll be done when I'm done".  Of course #6 tried to come home in the middle of this.  They pulled into someone else's driveway and waited while the driver filled out his paperwork and tied down the wheelchair. 

We had a long, bumpy, ride down a connecting street and finally dropped her at her location.  It was next to 290, so we were able to jump on the freeway and head down that way. 

Ron complained a lot about the ride and the scheduling.  He did apologize when we got to our location.  The driver was really nice about it but I was a little embarrassed. 

I try to remind myself Ron has a head injury and his filter's broken. 

We got our food to-go and then ate it there.  I had a chopped beef sandwich.  It was nice and smoky but it didn't really agree with me.  It had very little gristle or fat.  It was good. 

I just can't eat certain meats these days, on my medication.  I often think my medication would like me to go vegetarian. 

We went outside and found our ride to go home.  She had an easy time finding us and asked if this is the place we're always talking about.  We told her it was. 

She took us home, it was a straight shot, and then she got a lunch after she dropped us.  When we got home, #6 was outside playing for a while in the cooler weather.  We probably won't get weather like this again until October. 

I watched TV for a while until they finished up, then I went to bed.  I slept pretty well. 

Torbie went to bed with me, and I woke up with just Biscuit, so I had some traffic in my bed last night.  I slept in until 8:30 and then fed Biscuit, who was quite eager for breakfast.  They had eaten pretty much everything I had put out for them, last night. 

I took a shower and did my God Time, watched a little TV, ate my big meal, and took my medication.  I decided to take a nap.  Of course #6 decided that would be a great time to come out and play.  Agh. 

If we could have afforded it, I would have moved to an adults-only community, but then I would probably be dealing with visiting grandkids. 

Biscuit got in bed with me so we cuddled for a while.  He cuddled with me during my God Time, too.  He's really becoming an awesome cat.  He's terrified of strangers, but I don't blame him. 

With Biscuit, you have to remember he approached someone for food, and she responded by kicking him and his brother in the head, and threatening to kill them.  He was also dumped in the woods and left to starve. 

So, he didn't have much cause to have faith in humanity.  He did take a chance on me, which has been to our mutual benefit. 

I finally got up around 2.  I was going to talk to Ron and get his dirty clothes so I could do laundry, but he got drunk and went back to bed.  I have learned it is better not to wake Ron up, not because he'll get violent, but just the attitude. 

I think I'll just do a load anyway with what I have.  I do need to wash a bra, etc. 

Tomorrow we go to work in the morning, then take Ron to the dentist.  I'm not sure how long that will take, but I plan to bring my lunch.  Ron, and the dentist, like me to stay with him. 

Ron, I would say, is a "good" patient in the chair.  He just doesn't take care of his teeth out of the chair. 

But, I'm not the best flosser, either. 

No comments:

Seagulls are thugs

What have I been up to?  Here's a hint.  I look awful, but I love you, readers, so I will share.  Light colors are not flattering ...