Thursday, April 27, 2017

Ron and his teeth

I try not to swear, but I swear... Ron and his teeth. 

I slept pretty good last night, got up, did my shower, God Time, etc., and then we went out to breakfast. 

During breakfast Ron spits out a filling into a napkin.  It was an old amalgram filling.  Probably 30-40 years old. 

It's interesting, growing up the other (step) kids always had a lot of dental troubles, and I had one cavity in my whole life before I turned 18.  Thank God He gave me good teeth. 

Ron, not so much.  Every year or so he has some sort of crisis and has to go to the dentist.  It doesn't help that he refuses to care for his teeth, either. 

My aunt called during breakfast so I told her what happened.  Ron got very upset that I used the term "spit" the tooth out.  He said he was a lot classier than that.  So I made up some euphemism that meant the same thing and said that, instead. 

We had a good ride home and I took a nap.  I had trouble sleeping and I had strange nightmares.  Generally I don't have nightmares during a nap.  It was one of my "moving" dreams, where I was moving from one place to another.  I had a relative, in the dream, who was hoarding.  I remember telling her "You need to dump, or donate" and then I woke up. 

That could probably apply to me.  But I found it really odd that I had the dream to begin with. 

I had problems with my cell phone.  The auto pay wasn't working.  So I went to the store, fixed that, and made a cash payment just to keep my phone on.  Very frustrating. 

When I got home, I was completely depressed.  I have to get up at 1:45 tomorrow morning and go to work so that's it for tonight. 

Let's hope Ron (and I) don't spit out any more teeth in the meantime! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH NOOO MORE DENTAL SAGA!!! not fair! I call time out on this. I have zero power in this world but I wanted to yell "TIME OUT " OOOXXX ever forward