Tuesday, June 21, 2016


Yesterday was pretty uneventful.  I woke up with a headache, went to work, did it all, came home, and took a nap.  I got up and did housework. 

I was depressed for all of it. 

Pretty uneventful, except for Torbie getting into my lap during a movie Ron wanted me to watch.  Ron has bad taste in movies and the last one made me cry horribly for poor lost Gravy. 

However, I knew this one was billed as a comedy so I wasn't too worried.  Torbie got in my lap and laid her head on my shoulder, so cute.  I just had to stay there and pet her.  The movie wasn't bad "The Intern".  Torbie left after a while, leaving a nice sprinkling of orange and brown cat hair all over me. 

I went to bed pretty early and, yet again, woke up with a headache at 1 AM.  I haven't "quite" started my period yet, just spotting, so I assume it is hormonal.  I have been pretty careful in what I eat. 

I took some aspirin and went back to bed.  I was able to fall asleep but woke up with a worse headache (just like yesterday) at about 6.  I took some OTC headache pills with caffeine and got up. 

Biscuit was very impatient for his breakfast.  I gave him a can of salmon and chicken liver.  All of them love it.  I've even caught Torbie nibbling. 

I gave them that and took a shower.  When I got out I felt well enough to take my medication.  If I take my medication before the headache pills have worked, I'll vomit and go straight to a migraine, but I can't walk around depressed and hallucinating, either. 

I also noticed my allergies were worse last night, because I had missed a dose of the claratin. 

Torbie didn't sleep with me, either, which made me sad, but I probably smell bad to her and I know I tend to roll over on her. 

She gets her cone off tomorrow, and probably her stitches out, and I know she'll be thrilled.  The vet is really nice and truly loves animals.  She (the vet) thought it was really cute that Biscuit kept purring during his exam. 

I need to decide which flea treatment I am going to use for them in a week or so.  Will I get name brand Advantage, the generic (which seems to work fine), or the generic Frontline?  Decisions, decisions. 

I don't think I have to worry *as much* about fleas because they aren't "really" outside. 

Biscuit was feeling feisty this morning.  He threw up in the hall (he's bulimic), and then took a flying leap at the mouse pad while I was typing, lost his grip, and dug a claw into my right index finger for "balance".  I ended up with a very bloody finger but it doesn't hurt. 

Dad always used to say you didn't have to worry much about cleaning a wound if it bled a lot, and this one sure did.  I washed it with antibacterial soap and put some generic (in case you haven't noticed, I am kind of the generic queen) Neosporin on it.  It should be fine. 

I will just keep taking my Vitamin E so I don't scar. 

Pretty sad, it is so hot I can't even order more Vitamin A online, it would melt in transit.  I have to get it at Walmart. 

I just came back.  I found the name brand Advantage "Large Cat" (mine are definitely) at Walmart so I went ahead and bought it.  I also got the Vitamin A (store brand seems to work OK).  Between that and the protein bars, I had a pretty hefty tab, but Ron paid for it. 

Ron just wanted some "Y" adapters, with two RCA plugs on one end, and a male stereo plug on the other end. 

I bought some chips, and ice cream, but only 2 pints.  I got chocolate for the Vet's staff (always a big hit, whenever I go anywhere medical I bring chocolate), and a case of the liver and salmon canned cat food my guys like so much. 

I also bought some coated Bayer aspirin.  Lithium and friends are very hard on my stomach, so it seems prudent to take an aspirin with a safety coating.  I don't need to eat a hole in my stomach lining from all these headaches. 

We finished it all up with plenty of time to spare.  "That yogurt" I told Ron "Didn't last very long".  So I got some food at McDonald's when we finished.  We ate that, our ride came fast. 

I tried to use the listmaking app on my cell phone.  I finally ended up getting a piece of paper and a pen.  Sometimes the old way works best! 

I had an old (literally) college professor who used to say all computers were "giant pencils", to remember that, and not to let them intimidate us.  "Giant pencils". 

Mine is a giant pencil that has a post-doc in confusion. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hoping for your headache to pass
Argh they are awful and i do envy ( but am also happy for) folks that say " I never get headaches"

Ps i write a list then take a picture of it with my phone! Lol! Yes i am a dork! But it works!


I got up around 8 and took my shower, did my God Time.  Ron only interrupted me once.  He didn't know I was "doing it".  He al...