Thursday, June 2, 2016

Disaster geek

I hate whiners.  I hate self pity, especially in myself. 

So, I'll just say Ron was very offensive last night and trashed the kitchen.  He staggered off to bed when our microwave (we have two, a cheap one on the counter for him to heat his food, which he almost threw on the floor, and a more expensive built-in) - the built-in, began running all by itself, making weird beeps, and flashing error messages.  I told him he had to move so I could unplug it. 

"Shut up, bitch".  But he moved, and went to bed. 

I got on a chair and unplugged it, very carefully watching out for Ron.  I didn't want him to knock me down.  He seems to be made of rubber when he's drunk but I'm not (made of rubber, or a drinker!). 

I left all the chaos on the floor for him to deal with when he sobered up.  If he doesn't have any consequences, he won't want to change. 

He cleaned up some of it sometime last night, and the rest this morning at my instigation.  I didn't get all screechy "Look what you did, you monster".  I just said he needed to clean it up.  It was his mess, not mine. 

He owes me a new package of Swiffer wet pads, and a package if disinfecting wipes.  God knows why he scattered them everywhere. 

I went to bed and slept OK.  I slept in as late as I could, 8 AM, because I have to get up at 2 am tomorrow and I never get enough sleep the night before.  I also got a nap. 

In the meantime, I cleaned the litter box, and around the litter box, fed the cats, checked their water, did some laundry, and did my best to forgive Ron. 

I also took a shower, did my God Time, and watched Supernatural (the Titanic episode). 

To anonymous, feel free to message me your email or phone number.  If at all possible, if SHTF (shit hits the fan) in some regard I will get ahold of you. 

I also have a "text blogger" option on my phone so I have done the odd text update.  I can certainly let you know I'm OK. 

As a disaster geek, I have a couple of battery packs for my phone, so I could absolutely do that. 

Now time for some REAL fun, taking all 3 cats to the vet. 

No comments: