Tuesday, October 29, 2013

A Texan

Today was one of those hybrid half days off. 

We got up fairly early and went to our favorite taqueria for breakfast.  I got the "Tocino y Huevos tacos, con maiz" (corn tortilla bacon and egg taco).  Ron got machacado tacos.  They appear to have shredded beef, onions, eggs, and tomato.  Ron loves them. 

I always take the "Ignorance is bliss" approach when it comes to ingredients.  I ate some red sauce, extra burn today. 

I have a theory they are dialing up the heat on my hot sauce, served with chips.  It started very mild and now leaves my lips tingly and numb.  I am starting to crave it more and more.  I thought about putting some on my tacos. 

I find that funny.  I am a Texan.

We came home for a little bit and then went to Sam's Club.  I needed full sized Snickers bars for the trick or treaters.  I also wanted something else to throw in the candy bags. 

I didn't see any gum (option 1), so I went with Now and Laters.  Those have always been popular in the bags of candy I hand out.  People often go for the Now and Later, first. 

I got 96 Snickers and a jar of 100 count Now and Laters.  Just a couple years ago, it was 120, and cheaper too.  Oh, well.

My fantastic husband is bagging up candy right now.  What a keeper! 

We also got work supplies, which leads me to the hybrid comment.  Work and home get very mingled in our business.  We talk about work at home, and home at work.  God help us if we're fighting (that hasn't happened in ages, thank God). 

I'm pretty tired, I think I'm just recharging my battery.  My throat isn't hurting any more but, if it follows my usual pattern, I will battle sinus issues and a post nasal cough for a while. 

I'm just glad I'm not contagious.  I don't want to get the kids sick. 

3 comments:

Jillian said...

What is a now or later?

Heather Knits said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Now_and_later

There you go! Basically a hard candy square. As you chew it (and God help you if you have a crown) it softens up. They are very fruity and the ones I distribute come packed 5 candies, individually wrapped, in a bigger wrapper. They come in punch, grape, apple, and banana.

Jillian said...

Cool! We don't have them in Canada.
ER..yeah..my dental work wouldn't like that stuff. Neither would our dental plan.