Thursday, October 17, 2013

"The 12 hour stuff"

I have a cold. 

I know I'm sick - because my appetite is one of the first things to go.  Several people have been hacking all around me, this past week.  I guess it was inevitable. 

Ron always has a theory that high-stress will predispose you to illness; I agree.  It was just my turn. 

It's funny because I hardly ever get sick.  I haven't had a cold in years, and then I was sick with a cold/sinus infection back in February.  So I guess it's been a hell of  a year. 

More likely it is bad eating, low protien, higher sugar intake.  That's never beneficial for the immune system. 

I have the sniffly sore throat thing going right now.  My nose isn't running but I'm sneezing. 

Did I mention I have to attend the vending conference this weekend?  [moan]  This will not be fun. 

I'll be contagious.  I hate to go out in the public, contagious.  If I *have* to go to work (I don't have sick leave, and no one to replace me), I'll do it but I try to avoid all other public venues. 

I did go to Walmart today.  I wanted to get some shelf stable meals for the conference.  I got a couple of these.  Hormel Compleats  Ron refused them, "Too expensive" (a lot cheaper than $35 a plate for Saturday night dinner!), and opted for this instead:  Armour Bourbon BBQ Vienna Sausage .  They're 50 cents, filling, and good.  He loves them. 

He was pretty upset when the store ran out, actually. 

They aren't bad; I have a few cans of regular vienna sausage in my stockroom - well, not for long.  If he has that with a V8 he'll be doing pretty well. 

I also had to get some remedies.  I found a few guiafenesen type items at the Dollar Store yesterday, and a Guia/antihistamine/cough suppressant product I can take if I get really miserable.  I have to be careful; I've talked about this before but if I take a decongestant I could have a fatal seizure.  It interacts with my antidepressant. 

Almost every cold remedy contains an antidepressant, so it took me a while.  Last year, when I had the viral sinus thing (right after Christmas), I desperately wished for a 12 hour guiafenesin product.  When I got sick again, a few months later, I really slapped myself because I still needed it. 

Today, I got the 12 hour stuff; I can take it before bed.  I won't wake up hacking.  Ron won't find me seizing on the floor.  I have the 4 hour stuff, purchased at the dollar store, for daytime. 

I just wish I didn't need it. 

I may not, I may wake up tomorrow feeling fine.  I pray I do.  I don't want to be sick because I have no time to slow down.  If we don't get a new storage area, we will have to rent a unit because we are not allowed (per deed restrictions or state regulations) to store inventory at the house. 

How in the world are we going to manage the business like that?  We have to use paratransit.  We have a very limited amount of room on the vehicle. 

Anyway, I can't stress about that right now.  Look what stressing about the money got me - sick.  And we got it back.  So I got sick for nothing. 

Ugh. 

No comments: