Wednesday, October 23, 2013

No one wants to hear that

I find it sad and frustrating when other Christians start attacking the unreached. 

Take welfare for instance.  "Those people can work, but they don't, and they're bleeding us dry." 

Maybe they can.  Maybe they can't.  You're awfully upset, but didn't Jesus say things would get bad at the end?  Matthew 24  So why are you upset that prophecy is coming to pass? 

We are supposed to suffer in the end times.  Blaming someone else doesn't fix anything.  Trying to create your own system so "fix" things doesn't, either.  That's the whole problem. 

How about this?  I have begged, begged, as in I would get down on my knees and crawl: take half the energy you are investing in this debate and pray for the unreached.  Pray for them to meet God in a meaningful way.  Take half the time you spend reading news stories and posting comments; and share your testimony.  Hand out Bibles or tracts, but don't just attack the unreached.  Save them.  That's what we're here to do. 

It's like a bunch of hecklers on the deck, watching people drown.  These people are going to hell!  Am I the only one who cares? 

We humans think we can manage on our own, without God. That's why we're in this hideous mess. I only found peace and meaning in my life when I turned to God and admitted I couldn't do anything without Him. 

Which brings up another point; one of our drivers wants to "Do something meaningful".  He wants to own a chain of slumlord-sounding (15 to a house???) group homes, hotels, and have a fancy car.  What meaning does that have?  He's about Ron's age.  Not young. 

I'd say the most meaningful thing a person could do is turn to God, seek Him through prayer and Bible study every day.  Get up early if you must.  That will have the most meaningful and lasting impact on your life, and eternity.  You might even meet a few people you helped along the road to Heaven. 

But no one wants to hear that. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a Christian and think you do great work, but I'm just curious--why do you think we are in the end times?

The world is more peaceful now in terms of violence than it has been at any time in all of recorded history. Less murder, less war, less rapes, etc. etc.

Yea... abortion/homosexuality are out there, but for me personally, I don't think we can be in the end times when things are kinder than anytime ever.

Not a diss post, just more a legit question to get your views.

Thanks for the insightful blog.

Heather Knits said...

It's been a crazy week for me, but just offhand Israel has become a nation again.

Isaiah 66:8
Who has heard such a thing? Who has seen such things? Shall the earth be made to give birth in one day? Or shall a nation be born at once? For as soon as Zion was in labor, She gave birth to her children.


You might also check out www.raptureready.com They have a lot of good articles.

Anonymous said...

I know of Rapture Ready and the Israel thing... for me it is just that the whole "in the days of Noah" and warnings of violence.

If things are this peaceful worldwide, we have some signs (Israel) but we aren't in the end days is my thinking...