Wednesday, October 16, 2013

"Just"

If someone had our money, and wanted to give it back, Ron and I concluded they'd give it back on Tuesday.  No one did; we gave up. 

Today we went to our other location and stocked it.  I got a few things from the dollar store (fingernail clippers), snacks, etc. 

We got picked up and went to work.  As we walked in the credit union, Ron's phone rang.  It was the other vendor.  He began by grilling Ron, asking him about the missing money.  Ron, terrified our boss would find out, stammered out replies. 

"What would you do to get it back?" the man teased.  "I have it." 

Ron groped frantically along a wall as his knees gave out, sinking into a chair.  "Someone found my guy today and gave him the money.  You can get it if you want," revealing the hidey hole "Be more careful next time, OK?" 

We immediately got the money.  Ron says it's all there. 

Praise God.  I knew He'd take care of us but I did not expect to get the money back. 

I guess the guilty-acting man "just" stole some candy. 

No comments: