Monday, October 21, 2013

My job

It's not a good day when I sleep in and skip my God Time (I got it later).  After I got out of the shower, I made up an essential oil rub with eucalyptus and a drop of teatree oil, in some grapeseed oil.  I rubbed it on my upper chest and throat, above the bra line so I wouldn't wreck it.  The jury's out but it didn't do any harm. 

I am so, so, glad I got those 12 hour guiafenesen tablets.  They really seem to help.  I got the ones with the cough suppressant, which I need.  I do get a little dizzy now and then. 

Today I lost something at work.  I pray I find it.  I'm just really mentally foggy, weak, and tired.  Ugh. 

I have no appetite, I never do when I'm sick.  It really used to disturb my adoptive mother. She'd keep pushing me to eat and I'd say no, no.  Then bam, I was better and eating everything.  I just run that way. 

Today I gave away a couple of Bibles.  It got me thinking; I wouldn't want an expensive Bible. 

I think the nicest Bible I own was one Dad bought me for Christmas in 2002, right before Ron's accident.  It cost about $30, hardcover. I bought a nice leather cover for it; it was my constant companion after Ron's accident. 

My personal Bible was a NKJV softcover, marked up and highlighted.  I rehomed it.  The recipient needed it a lot more than I did, and I was out of whole Bibles.  Yes, I will and have given away my "personal" Bibles on many, many occasions. 

That's why my "newest" Bible cost $12. I wanted a hardcover, NKJV, concordance, reading plan in the back, words of Jesus in red.  Got all that.  I might have gotten a larger print.  I think next time I would. 

While I was getting "my" Bible (for now!), I also picked up a paperback NKJV Bible for my deliveryman. 

Years ago I read a very sad post by a lady on a messsage board.  A coworker had taken a leave of absence, and she found out he was dying.  She felt very compelled to share her faith, but he died.  She was heartbroken, wishing she had shared her faith. 

I only have 2 deliverymen now, my Dr Pepper guy and my sandwich guy.  The sandwich man is named Mark. 

I try to be a little more subtle, sharing my faith at work.  I gave him some candy, on a few occasions, with a scripture booklet.  The gospel was there if he wanted it. 

I found out last week Mark has brain cancer.  I sent him a Bible today, along with a card and some other things.  I had the thought "Why give one Bible to one deliveryman when I can give one to each?"  Because, of course, Mark has a replacement now. 

The replacement was a little creeped out, I think, but he took it.  If he doesn't want it he can throw it away.  But I gave it to him.

That's my job. 

No comments: