Monday, October 14, 2013

Treasure

Sometimes I wonder about God's sense of humor. 

I had planned to wake up at 2:30 this morning; we had a lot of inventory to go to work and the trips are easier in the VERY early morning.   As a result, everything was turned off, dark, and quiet by 6:30, I'm lying in bed.  Ron's lying in his bed reading a talking book on headphones. 

7:30 the neighbor decides to knock on our door, because all the lights are off and we are clearly in bed.  I got up, put on my bathrobe, clearly just emerged from bed.  He was trying to sell candy with the kids.  I told him "I have to get up at 2!" He was "sorry" but I was pretty pissed.   Why would you knock on a door when it is apparent everyone is trying to sleep? 

I don't have a lot of treasures, but one thing I do treasure is a good sleep.  With my illness, a nice restorative sleep, without nightmares, is a gift from God.  I cherish it.  I covet it.  And now it was gone. 

I was so annoyed it took me another hour to fall back asleep.  "God" I begged "Please take my mind off this.  I don't want to obsess about it for days." 

I had to rethink that request when I found our vending machine wide open and ALL the sales tax money gone.  Well.  That certainly took my mind off the neighbor. 

Someone must have a key.  The only thing I can think is that the theiving repairman went to the store, told them "Ron B. needs another key for his vending machine", ordered it, and paid for it.  Now I guess he is using it to access our machines. 

The machine DOES have a tricky lock but Ron swears he "got it" and I believe him.  At the end of the day, the sales tax money is gone and it's due this weekend. 

OK, Lord, I don't know how You'll do it but I know You will. 

After that... wow.  We reported it of course.  There is a miniscule chance that someone took the money out and put it away for safekeeping.  We will see tomorrow. 

I stocked my new snack inventory.  The machines look very good. 

We will not have a stockroom in 2 weeks, so I did some cleanup.  I hauled a huge piece of metal junk out to recycling, and showed Ron, generally, our new area (right now it is full of junk, but it has outlets and that's all that matters).  I also took out a dumpster full of cardboard. 

To top it all, my favorite delivery guy has brain cancer.  I am pretty upset.  I really like him, he's such a sweet, quiet, man.  

I intend to give him my personal Bible (with highlights and stuff, I think that will have more meaning - I am also OUT of whole Bibles and I want him to have a whole.  I have God, I can surrender a Bible.  He will provide new ones), homemade brownies.  I asked Ron for advice and he suggested "Where Will You Spend Eternity" for the tract.  I will also include Ron's typed out testimony about how he died in the accident and all. 

I came home, totally depleted, and took a nap.  I am so glad I did get my God Time this morning. 

Torbie slept with me and I woke up feeling better for a little while, but events got me down again.  Ron suggested we go to Foodtown; I need to get some merchandise. 

I have one customer who will walk past two of the other vending stands to buy Special Dark from me.  Foodtown had it at a very reasonable price.  I bought a few and told him, he ate them all.  So, as promised, I got him more (30).  That made me feel better thinking about his happiness as he eats his favorite candy.  I couldn't find the chocolate chickys so the customers will just have to deal. 

Then we came home (we did all this with the wheelchair on the bus).  Ron was very appreciative about "my efforts" which I really see as nothing. 

But it's nice to be valued. 

No comments: