Friday, October 25, 2013

Hell Day

We were evicted from our stockroom with very little notice. 

Ron made a begging phone call and got us a temporary stockroom.  We are sharing it with the other vendor.  We were also told they are going to build us a stockroom now, where they wouldn't before.  Thank you, God, for favor.  They told us our vending area will be ready in a few months. 

The Blind Vendors program came and took all our large equipment (I had large metal racks, a huge table, stuff like that).  They also took away an unwanted vending machine and a promise-to-give-it-back large refrigerator. 

The movers got lost.  :frust  Then I cleaned what I could out of the stockroom (I had done about 80% already), and ran a couple dumpster loads. 

When the movers showed up, they got everything moved.  As I walked behind a thousand pound food machine on a pallet jack, I thought, if this thing calls backward it's all over for me.  But it didn't. 

We had power issues.  The fuse would blow, sending all the machines down.  Thank God I put surge protectors on the ones I could. 
I wasn't surprised.  They had:
6 microwaves
3 soda machines
3 large refrigerators
2 food machines
2 snack machines
2 bill changers
1 bottled vendor
All sharing 2 circuits.  I *figured* we would have to take a machine or two, out of the equation. 

The electricians took the bottled soda vendor off and everything else is working OK.  That machine can be problematic, we named it "The Beast" for a reason. 

We did lost a couple of sandwiches due to the health time expiring.  When that happens we have to throw them out. 

Today I cleaned out the empty stockrooms.  (we had 2).   I have some stuff to go home. 

Scrambled a bit, my aunt and uncle are helping with a U-haul.  "Just sit there and look cute" I told them.  I will load everything and go in and out of the building.  I have a security pass, they don't. 
Once that is done Ron and I will focus on last minute cleanup and stocking the new machines. 
Thank you for praying.  Yesterday was hellish.  God gave me medication, and the grace to deal, everything went well. 

We have some pull with our repairman; he came right over when we needed him to do something. 
This whole thing has taught me what I can do with God inside me; the wonderful people I know; and the favor both God and man continue to show our business. 

Ron's feeling completely submerged.  He can't even get to our new vending area on his own.  I will have to help him a lot more than I have in the past. 

This morning he yelled at me for "losing something".  When he realized he was wrong, he came to me, stricken, and apologized.  He tried to get down on his knees but he got stuck and I had to help him up.  (he gave me permission to share this)  Of course I forgave him.  We've been under tremendous stress. 

However, I told Ron, I can see so much good in the people around us: someone who holds the door.  A kindly, professional, driver.  I value them so much more than I used to.

I love that about my medication. 

No comments: