Monday, October 28, 2013

Received.

If you're squeamish or have abuse triggers you've been warned. 

When I was 12, I was attacked and bitten, on my chest.  It left a scar about the size of a nickel.  Everytime I get ready to shower, I see the scar.  Whenever I look at my chest, I see the scar.  If Ron could, he would see the scar every time we made love. 

However, Ron's blind.  He said it felt a little different, texturally, but it didn't bother him.  It bothers me because it is clearly a bite mark. 

God is bigger than abuse, and I think I have pretty much recovered from my issues.  The scar does make me sad, though.  It hurts to think I went through that.  It hurts to think that people can do that and walk away thinking it was no big deal. 

So, this year, I seriously considered getting some kind of tattoo to cover it up.  No one would see it but me and my doctor. 

As I try to do, I prayed about it, and asked God to make it clear if this was something He condoned.  He answered. 

I kept getting abcesses.  I had several on my upper thigh.  I had them on my chest (other side), bra strap line, and on my underwear line.  It was ridiculous, but I got the point. 

If I got the abscesses for "no reason" how bad could it get if I paid someone to put many small holes into my skin?  What kind of scar would ensue? 

Message received.  God does not want me to get a tatoo. 

No comments: