Friday, October 11, 2013

Tomorrow

We got some news I can share, and some I cannot, about work. 

I told you I'd share when I had it. 

Good news; while they are demolishing our vending area and stockroom, they ARE allowing us to move 9 vending machines to a new location in "The Retail Room".  I suspected they would use that area. 

3 vending machines are staying for the construction workers (my old snack machine and 2 canned soda vendors), and a few are going back to the State warehouse. 

Yay!  No more coffee machine.  I will miss the double-door refrigerator, it is very old but incredibly reliable.  We have never had a speck of trouble... sigh.  I'll miss it, but I accept it, I have to give something up. 

It is more important to have our "combo unit" - one half fridge, one half freezer, smaller, and easier to move.  It's alright. 

Dad once suggested I had an attachment disorder.  Everything I read agrees.  As a result, I get very attached to "my" machines.  They aren't just things, they are friends and coworkers.  I generally refuse to give them up (my Snack #2 is the only Rowe Snack vendor left in the program), unless they are malfunctioning. 

I had no problem giving up the old snack 3 because it was "biting" customers, and even the repairman said the door was FUBAR.  I was happy to see it go.  I love my new snack machine.  It has lovely LED lighting and really draws the customers. 

Here's an interesting point, every machine has a positive, and a negative.  Snack one is a great machine but the motherboard is glitchy; the bill acceptor can go down pretty easily.  Snack 2 is wonderful, but very old and impossible to find parts (praise God I haven't needed them).  Food one has a difficult door to open, but other than that it's great.  Food 2 has an glitchy door and the vending doors can be easily broken.  Snack 3 is all around great, but very hard to open the door.  I have to turn and turn the lockbar for at least a minute.  Soda 3 is a good machine but you can't stock it completely, the sodas will jam. 

So, we were also told we can leave 2 sodas and a snack.  Since Soda one is our high-volume machine, we are taking it.   2 and 3 are staying.  You'll laugh, but I feel like Snack 2 wants to stay.  It's also very reliable and rugged; it's a good choice. 

We have another issue, but I can't talk about it yet.  It is a problem; but God can handle it. 

I'll be glad when this is all over.  It has been a hell of a ride the last month. 

Tomorrow we buy more inventory. 

No comments: