Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Paranoid

Because I was paranoid for so long, I hate even the thought of sounding paranoid. 

However, the man I suspect of stealing from us went out of his way to avoid us.  He didn't get within 100 feet of us at any time, and went out of his way to avoid us. 

For an "innocent" man, he's sure acting guilty. 

I watch "Criminal Minds", so I have seen how they profile the bad guy.  I never, ever, thought, I could profile a thief by the foods they stole, yet I did and he's acting very suspicious. 

He normally walks across the room to say hello and ask about the cats, but today he wouldn't even meet my eyes from 100 feet away.  Well, if he's guilty God will get him. 

Years ago we had another theft.  Ron had left a large bucket of quarters in the stockroom.  The stockroom was robbed and half the quarters stolen.  We didn't tell anyone that detail; we only said we had been robbed and had a lot of choice things to say about someone who'd rob a blind man in a wheelchair.  I wasn't very tight with Jesus, back then. 

We suspected an employee of the other vendor.  He had stolen money from us before and returned it.  This time, he kept getting more and more annoyed as we ranted about the criminal. 

"What are you bitchin' about?" he said angrily "They only took half."  A fact only the thief would know.  We told the other vendors who told us to stick it. 

We told the Postal Inspectors who came out and filed a report. 

We turned it over to God, and resolved to never keep cash in the stockroom (we don't).  A few weeks later, the man came in, very shaken. 

He had invested a lot of time and money into pimping out his car, making it very fancy.  He had a custom, monogrammed, dashboard cover; nice rims, custom paint job, and expensive seat covers. 

"My car burned up" he gulped.  "Right on the freeway.  I barely had time to pull over before the whole thing went up in flames."  He was very angry about it and raved for a while. 

"Now you know" I said sharply "How we felt, when we were robbed."  He glared at me and never really spoke to us again.  He was later fired by his employers, for, wait for it - stealing. 

We TOLD them. 

So, I know God will deal with the criminal - sharply.  When you break God's law you will suffer consequences. 

I just hate wondering which Postal Worker is holding the bloody knife they stuck in our backs. 

No comments: