Monday, October 28, 2013

I am strong

Today we went into work and found 2 vending machines out of order; no electricity.  It's scary and aggravating to have all these electrical issues! 

Then I remind myself they could have just booted us, and we need to thank God they are accomodating us as much as possible.  However, we had 2 vending machines out of order, which is scary when sales are already pretty bad. 

A dead machine makes no money. 

I also reminded myself of this: 
2 Corinthians 9:8
And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work. (NKJV)
 
2 Corinthians 9:8
New International Version (NIV)
8 And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.

You get the idea: God can, and will, ensure we get what we need.  I can't forget this one: 
2 Corinthians 12:9-10
New King James Version (NKJV)
9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

I am strong.  The business has poor sales and major electrical issues; but the God who built the universe can, and will, overcome that. 

Am I saying I can "Declare prosperity" and get it?  Hell, no.  God promises to take care of my needs.  He doesn't say I'm going to keep making $300 every 2 weeks.  He says my needs will be met.  That's a big difference from "Proclaiming that I will not make $1000 a week". 

I can't quote a lot of verses, chapter and verse, right off the top of my head.  I know them, I just don't know the "handle". 

I can quote this one: 
Psalm 37:25
New King James Version (NKJV)
25 I have been young, and now am old;
Yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken,
Nor his descendants begging bread.
 
In fact, after Ron's accident, I quoted that one at my Dad when he asked if I needed anything.  I knew, somehow, God would provide.  He did, in amazing ways. 
 
Example:  Before Ron's accident, he slept on a mattress on the floor.  It helped his back.  I slept in a twin bed.  After the accident, it was clear I would have to surrender my bed so Ron would have a place to sleep. 
 
"Don't sleep on the floor" his family told me.  "We'll get him a hospital bed, wheelchair, shower chair.  We'll get you groceries and pay for his medication."  So, I trusted them.  I have a hard time delegating; but I did. 
 
12 hours before discharge they disowned us because Ron told them they had to treat me with respect.  The thought of caring for Ron, forever, had just been drilled into them by a social worker.  They leapt at the opportunity to cut ties. 
 
Which left me with a mattress on the floor, no wheelchair, no ride home, no medication, and no groceries.  You can imagine my horror.  I cried all over Ron's good shoulder as he told me all he needed was my love. 
 
"That's about all I've got!" I blubbered. 
 
Then I sat in my chair next to Ron's bedside and turned it over to God.  "OK, Lord," I told him "I need a wheelchair for Ron.  I need a shower bench.  I need a bedpan.  I need groceries, medication, and the money to pay for all of this.  Please provide for us, I only want to do Your will."  Then I got some lunch. 
 
When I got back Home Health was measuring for the wheelchair and shower bench to be delivered tomorrow.  Yes!  One down, some to go.  I got on the internet and recruited an online friend to give us a ride.  Done.  Then a friend from work surprised me by announcing they'd taken up a collection.  They had hundreds of dollars for us, and he wanted to take me to Walmart to get groceries that very night!  Praise HIM! 
 
I got the medication on the way home, with my friend, using some of the money from the collection. 
 
So, you see, I know God will provide.  It's just the drama!  AGH! 
 

No comments: