Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Already

From my online experience, I'd say a fair amount of Christians are walking around with a very fearful, angry, spirit, waiting to see what the god of this world has in store. 

I'm not.  Why?

1 John 4:4
You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.
 
Someone I respect greatly, who had battles with anxiety, told me this was their life verse: 
2 Timothy 1:7
For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
 
But "they" could come to get us!  Take our food, and put us in a FEMA camp!  (Boy, I just know I went on a list for just typing that). 
 
Huh!  I just paid FEMA $1,155 for flood insurance.  So I'm funding the camps?  [laughing]  That's pretty funny.  Ron was so happy it wasn't $1200 because we each had a $20 left. 
 
So, what if it does happen? 
 
Jesus said:
John 16:33
These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”
 
Be at peace. 
Be of good cheer.
Jesus has overcome already. 

No comments: