Friday, July 26, 2013

Hip Hop Hero

What a day, what a day. 

Well, good news I am down a pound. 

I slept horribly and was awakened by awful screeching at 1:20 this morning.  I raced into the hall to find two tabby girls, intent on their playmate, the sparrow. 

How did a tabby cat get a sparrow at 1 in the morning?  I'm not sure I want to know. 

At any rate, I scooped up the poor, trembling thing and locked the cat door.  The whole time I held the bird, I was terrified it might try to make a jump for it and hurt itself, or worse, jump right into a cat.  The cats were very interested. 

I mananged to get out the front door and set the bird down in the flowerbed.  I got back in without releasing the cats. 

Alright.  It's 1:30 in the morning.  I'd set my alarm for 2, and our ride was due at 3:45.  I might as well get to my day. 

I did my God Time first.  I always worry the shower will wake Ron; even though he says it doesn't.  I took my shower.  I ate a little breakfast, but I was pretty queasy.  I was happy to see I was down a pound. 

Pretty soon our ride came and off to work, with the wheelchair.  I had some money for charity.  This is another one of those "I probably shouldn't talk about it but it's a good idea, so I'll take a chance I might lose a heavenly reward or two". 

I put my spare change into a jar.  When the jar's full, I redeem it for cash.  Half the time (now) it goes to charity, World Missionary Press.  They can get a lot of scripture booklets for the contents of my change jar.  It doesn't "cost" me anything, either. 

The rest of the time, I get myself a treat. 

I think it's a good balance.  So, we had 2 jars of change, because I was lazy - but both are earmarked for charity. 

Ron spent the first hour or two rolling change and then I sold it to the credit union.  It will make a nice little donation.  Now I can start working on filling up the "treat" jar. 

Our delivery was late, it literally came at the very last minute and we were there for almost 8 hours.  I stocked what I could and made an inventory. Ron agreed I can finally get my inventory, which is great. 

At one point he said "You sound anxious" and I said "I am, about my poor, empty, snack machines".  I think he got it then. 

I will be getting the necessary inventory and stocking it, quickly. 

One of my coworkers found a cat and is trying to give it to me.  I have my hands full with my two naughty girls.  It's funny, when we got Torbie she was very sweet and innocent.  I could hardly believe she needed to use her litter box. 

Now she is showing more mischief - taking her "sissy's" designated spot (if you don't have a cat, they like particular areas and will literally fight for them), and getting into trouble with sissy (playing with the bird).  It's cute - well, not the bird. 

99% of the time, things are quiet, but the one percent is remarkable.  It keeps me on my toes.  Torbie is showing more interest in play, too.  She likes to watch me play with Baby Girl, and will swat at the teaser now and then.  I try to exercise them, in addition to allowing them "outside" to bleed off the energy. 

I think it's really a good idea to have two cats at least, they need to be with their own kind.  Who else will sniff their butt when they walk by?  Like there's a lotto ticket in there or something. 

We finally left.  We did not have a good ride home.  First, the driver had a lot of trouble finding us.  I am OK with that - I had a lot of trouble finding the entrance my first time. 

However, when she found out Ron wanted to ride in his wheelchair (it was apparent to us she would not secure it properly, otherwise - and we have a new policy of making the drivers tie down the chair the way they are supposed to - our old chair broke due to abuse - like one driver threw it down the stairs of the van rather than use the lift), she got in the vehicle and turned up some very loud rap/hip-hop. 

Ron, stuck in the back of the minivan, between two very large speakers, kept begging her to turn it down.  She would, for a few seconds, and then turn it up. 

Here's a hint.  If your clients are all 50 years and up, they probably hate hip-hop.  How hard is it to turn it off for 10 minutes?    I had a vision of the driver, strapped into a wheelchair, in the back, listening to bagpipes. 

Something like this: 


Come on, you know you needed that.  So, I'm sitting in the front seat, Ron's getting really pissed in the back, raising his voice, and I'm imagining the driver strapped in the "box" listening to bagpipes.  I started laughing and scared her to death.  She started giving me these alarmed glanced and Ron's got his cell phone out...

Apparently he called customer service while between the two speakers, blasting the latest hip hop hero.  They asked him to turn it down and he said that's the problem.  He filed his complaint and hung up. 

The driver just kept tootin' down the road, apparently oblivious.  I told her, several times, "Ron hates the music, can you please turn it off?  Ron really hates this music.  He's going to have another stroke!"  [shrug] 

If she can't take feedback we'll let her boss tell her.  It's been years since Ron called in a complaint on a driver. 

We got home.  I think I did OK eating today.  I did eat some peanut butter due to nausea and an extreme need to take my medication (especially after the last ride!).   I ate some whole fat greek style yogurt, too, making it a complete protein. 

I took a huge handful of medication, done for the day now, and took a nap.  I slept OK but my last dream before waking up involved the song "Sympathy for the Devil" - some kind of missionary work in a jungle, my feet being eaten by bloodsucking reptiles.  Ugh. 

I was sure happy to get up.  I haven't gotten my goodies yet but I remain hopeful.  When they come in I'll make a video. 

No comments: