Thursday, July 18, 2013

What a day

I woke up exhausted and depressed.  Ron was spouting an endless stream of "The usual" "Why won't God hurry up?  I hate current events.  Why won't God hurry up?"  I barely got my shower, and caregiving, before I left the house.  Sorry, God, we'll have to meet later.  [We did]

The cat threw up all over the back of my couch, right after I had removed the protective bedsheet (I always seem to have at least one puking cat in my household).  Agh. 

I didn't get my nap, more exhausted... but... I had a really good day. 

We went to the warehouse, got our supplies.  We went to work and stocked them.  I filled out the sales tax form, sealed the envelope, and realized, to my horror, I'd forgotten to include the check.  This time last year I included the check, but left the amount line blank.  We got a call from a special office in Austin (state capitol) about that.  Ron had to tell them I'm special. 

I managed to get the envelope open before the glue dried (it has a special processing barcode for the post office, so I had to use that envelope), but had to tape it shut when I did insert the check.  Now it looks like the poster for "Target mail" - dangerous mail items to avoid. 

We got that done and went to the bank.  We had to deposit the money for sales tax.  Ron confirmed I had used a business check and I made the business deposit.  Metrolift left us at the bank for over an hour. 

I was so glad I had told Dayna, the lady buying my craft supplies, to come an hour AFTER I was supposed to get home.  We got home and I did some cleaning, sweeping, mopping, and removing the "danderized" bedsheet from the couch. 

Dayna had mentioned she had a cat allergy, and I figured it was best to remove the thing cats have been lying on, for years.  She seemed to be OK, so I made the right choice - at least until Baby Girl threw up (thank God, after Dayna left). 

Dayna was thrilled with the stash and handed over my asking price.  She was even happier to hear everything with the storage boxes.  I'm trying to simplify.   I love my "new" living room. 

She rode off, happy.  I'm happy.  I have cash now and got my craft stuff to a loving, good, home.  I wanted it to be used, and it will be.  I'm sure of that.  The money's just a bonus.  Ron is thrilled I got rid of so much stuff, so easily (I had been very careful storing it in airtight plastic crates). 

I will definitely use Craigslist again.  That was probably the easiest money I ever made. 

One time, I made $60 in 3 days, but I had to eat 18 Pop-tarts.  UGH. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry but Ron is waiting for God to do something that is just not going to happen. Best he just live his life and enjoy it (at least on those good days). Then to rant and rave about wanting God to swoop in and end his misery with a rapture.

Rest assured I am 1000% certain that we will all die from sickness, natural causes, unnatural causes well before the rapture as it just is not going to happen in our lifetimes or anyone elses.

Heather Knits said...

Well, I agree Ron needs to start living.

I believe in the rapture - not a surprise. I believe it is imminent. That said, I also make choices I won't regret in 50 years, either. :)

Anonymous said...

Don't let people come to your house! I know it is hard but meet up at a coffee shop or something! I know from what I speak! No one in your house!!!

Anonymous said...

Heather is Ron's spiritual and medical hospice nurse...his crazy seems to come as part of the package? Am I right?

Heather Knits said...

Pretty much, I think.

I think Ron is very impatient to get back to God because he had a near death experience - his heart stopped after the accident and the lifeflight had to revive him. It was right there in the bill.

I think, knowing what awaits him, on a very elemental level, drives him to impatience and frustration with God.

About the coming to my house, I had several large boxes - I could not have done it on Metrolift or the bus. I was fine. If I have a smaller thing to sell, I would meet up somewhere else, though.

Melanie said...

Well said Heather. I look forward to the rapture, and I believe that we are in the "End Times" more than we've ever been in the "End Times" before in history. I mean-sodomite "marriage" (and who knows "relationships" will demand to be sanctioned before it's finished-I dare anyone to mock the idea of the "slippery slope" ever again when we are already seeing polygamists and other "non-traditional" relationships demanding their "rights" to be legally sanctioned (and celebrated, no doubt) by society. The "right" to kill your child as long as its head hasn't made it out of the birth canal yet, and the the "right" to let the child die a slow death if it manages to survive some horrific form of murder. Hitler didn't even dream up some of these way of ending human life.

Society in the west has reached the point of no return-it had to happen some day-and the harvest is ripe.

That doesn't mean we should sit on a hill and stare at the sky-there's a hurting, Godless world out there that needs to hear the Good News while there's time. And God gave us no cut-off date to stop being faithful stewards of whatever duties He has put in our lives. We want to be found, like Jesus, going about our Father's work.