Sunday, July 28, 2013

They seduced me

I'm in kind of a dark mood lately, thanks to the depression.  I warned you. 

I can't decide if it is ironic, pathetic, or just plain sad - underage girlfriends with adult men enrage me. 

But Heather, you may say, "You dated Ron when you were underage.  He was 37, you were 17 and well under the age of consent.  Doesn't that make you a hypocrite?"  Maybe. 

I'm not angry at Ron, although some might say I should be.  He knew I was under 18, the age of consent, in CA, in 1992.  He continued to take my phone calls (I always called the guy I was dating, they rarely called me - which is really sad).  He continued to meet me for our assignations.  He helped plan them. 

It's possible he manipulated and used me - more than possible, likely.  However, God can use all things for good and God is making a decent husband out of him. 

Everytime I hear a man talking about his underage girl, it's always the same thing "Oh, those girls look so old, I didn't know.  She took advantage of me.  I didn't know until after we had sex."    Here's a thought, check her ID before you have sex.  If she doesn't have ID she is definitely off-limits! 

One driver said it well "When I give the prosititutes a ride, I can spot the underage ones a mile away.  They may be dressed up, wearing skimpy clothes, hair and makeup done, but you can tell they are babies.  I don't get anywhere near them, or the other hookers, either." 

I find it enraging that a man would take advantage of a child (one neighbor of mine, at the last place, got caught with a 12 year old!), and then turn around and say "She took advantage of me.  She just did it to get me in trouble." 

And there you've got a pregnant 14 year old, her life is over as she knows it.   Terrible. 

I hear all kinds of child molesters pull the old "They seduced me" routine. 

No comments: