Saturday, July 13, 2013

Don't mess with Texas

No bites on the craft stuff yet.  I remain hopeful.  I may get all my craft stuff together, lace yarn, acrylic yarn, wool worsted yarn, etc. and put it in one huge bundle for $50.  We'll see. 

I do like the idea of a foot massage.  I got my nails done for my wedding, actually, I was taken to have my nails done (I picked a lavender polish), but never before or since.  It was nice but not my thing. 

I work on my feet; so it might be nice.  I might get a foot massage and hate it but I'd like to check it out. 

So, craft stuff moving out. 

Got up this morning, did my God Time.  I didn't have the energy for a shower and I looked fine.  A little work with a washcloth and I was good to go. 

We went to the pet store and got the girls their Blue Wilderness Chicken cat food.  Five pounds, which seems to last them about a month.  Ron also got 5 bags of cat treats.  I think he is too lavish but the girls love it. 

Baby Girl continues to sleep near my headboard.  We had a good time playing today too.  I have a couple of cat teasers.  The stringy one (a clump of strings hanging down) is her favorite, I swing it in an arc coaxing her to "Jump, jump.... GOOD GIRL!"  She'll take a flying leap with a twist, reminding me of an Olympic diver, and snatch it in mid-air, five feet off the ground. 

Later on I had to save her, outside.  The mockingbirds were beating her up again.  Sigh.  How many humans wish they had a parent like a mockingbird?  They are fearless, dive bombing and pecking a cat 10 times their size. 

We came home and I got my nap.  Yay.  The neighbors are home - they were on vacation.  Things are quiet in the subdivision, thank God. 

Last night I slept horribly but I got up feeling rested. 

I did a lot of serious prayer and decided to do a Bible Handout on Monday, in the ghetto.  We'll be fine.  I just need to do up the Bibles. 

I actually have some whole Bibles, which will be a huge hit.  They really prefer a whole Bible, NKJV.  I've got 5 dozen. 

That will completely wipe me out, of course, but not worried.  When God wants me to do another handout He'll send more.  Plus, I have some on order from Lifeway, for pickup after I get paid. 

I've also been working on my depression project.  Dale Carnagie wrote that helping others is one of the best ways to combat depression, and I agree.  God has blessed me.  I want to share that, and Him. 

So, I ordered an Action Pack from Voice of the Martyrs.  They sent me a large ziplock type item and a list.  I'm filling it up.  Soap.  A nice fleece blanket.  A pretty flat sheet.  Socks.  Stuff like that.  I'm having fun with it. 

So, after my nap I was happy to go to the Dollar Store with Ron.  He loves his "Crack Nuts" the Lance Hot & Spicy peanut.  They don't affect his blood sugar and he loves to eat them.  They have healthy fats and protein.  I also got a few things for the Action Pack (childrens' gloves and knit hats). 

When I came home, I was annoyed and disappointed to find that John had posted yet more hateful crap - basically hatred of conservatives and Bible-believing Christians.

John and I go way back, almost 30 years.  He was a childhood friend I met when I was 10.  We were both different, both had FAS (although undiagnosed at the time), both creative and imaginative book-lovers.  Conventionally, he was very good looking but his personality put a lot of people off.  He was very dramatic and loved acting, but in real life was a bit *too* theatrical.  He missed a lot of social cues and enjoyed being "different".  He was very sensitive, moral (at least then), and a good listener.  We talked a lot on the phone, but he had the bad habit of ignoring me if the television was playing.  When I was 12 he decided he "loved" me and wanted me to be his girlfriend. 

I went along with it (we didn't get much past a little kissing).  We went on dates, held hands, and talked.  He asked me to marry him when I was about 14.  I said yes.  He even gave me a little ring he bought at the drugstore, which was stolen from my room.  We went to different high schools, didn't understand the transit system, and too young to drive.  John, like me, never drove.  We didn't have a lot of contact. 

I broke up with him a few times and got back together.  Somewhere in the mix, I tried to share Jesus with him.  I wanted John to go to heaven.  John didn't want to submit to any authority, including God. 

So, we went our separate ways.  I met Ron and immediately knew he was the one.  We ran off together. 

A few years later, I got curious about John and called his house.  His dad answered, alarmed, but I told him "I'm in a relationship, I just want to have coffee and catch up".  Dad passed along my contact info and sure enough John called. 

I made it clear: taken, but we did resume our friendship.  I was deeply saddened to hear John had gotten sucked into some pagan mysticism.  Other than that, he was pretty much the same guy. 

We'd drop out of touch, get back in touch, and so on.  John continued to become a man I didn't know.  He married a bisexual woman.  He got deeper into the pagan thing. 

He found me on facebook a few years ago.  At first, it was pretty much the same old John.  He said he "really admired" my faith and I hoped he might turn his life over to Jesus. 

However, lately, he has just been posting very hostile and offensive stuff about Christians, "pro-lifers" (I don't like abortion but I won't post hate), etc.  "Those dumb conservatives". 

Last night he posted something about taxing conservative pastors and I wrote a sad reply, saying that many conservative "Bible thumpers" spent a lot of time in prayer for the unreached, going to bed everything worrying about their souls - clearly directed at him.  (I will continue to pray for him)  He never replied. 

Today, it was the same old hate, this time directed at Texas. 

THAT led to the blocking. 

No comments: