Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Where do you get those Bibles?

Sometimes I get the question, how do I get the Bibles. Sometimes people want to help. 

I have a couple of suggestions.  Foolproof, even for the cynics out there: I put up a link, you buy the Bibles and ship them to me.  Guys seem to like this best (you'd think the women would want to shop, but nope, it's the men).  I end up with a nice box on the porch, which gets handed out shortly. 

Here's the link, you want "The Invitation" - These are the backbone of my Handouts.  40-50 cents each.  A little goes a long way (I love that) and they're pretty and the recipients love them. http://www.lifeway.com/Keyword/hboi?Sz=20&type=products&sort=pop

Option 2: you call my local Lifeway and tell them you want to get me some "Invitations", they will do it over the phone and call me to come pick them up.  I know this works, a lady did this about a year and a half ago.  I got a phone call and a nice sack of 40, which didn't last long. 

They are open 9-9 every day but Sunday, of course.  Phone: 281-894-9561  Tell them they are for "Heather the crazy Bible lady" or something along those lines.  They will know. :) 

Daring option: send me a check.  I will buy Bibles and hand them out.  That takes a lot more faith, and frankly, I wouldn't send a check to a stranger, but some people do and I am always supercareful with God's money.  God will whip my butt and show every misaccounted penny to everyone in the universe if I screw up, so I won't.  If you do send me money, let me know how you want it spent.  "Regular, Spanish, or Kids". 

Let me clarify.  If I have a sum of money it will probably go to Invitation New Testaments.  I can carry a lot to the handout on public transit, they are very affordable, the recipients like them, and almost everyone can read them. 

I can get whole Bibles from my church, although from what I heard I have pretty much annihilated their stash.  I need to talk to the pastor about that. 

Spanish: I have a lot of Spanish recipients.  Recently a lady sent me some money.  I spent $50 of it on a case of 50 Spanish NT, and handed out virtually the entire case in one handout.  Huge eagerness for God.  Lots of fun Spanish things here: Spanish goodies   I have handed out a lot of those little Gospels of John (the 30 cents each one) and the New Testaments (probably a couple hundred at least).   

You know, what the hell.  My name is up there: why not the address. 
Heather Boutte
11504 Bremen Drive
Houston, Texas, 77066

If you are led to buy something, just ship it there and I will find it in my porch shortly, then you can read all about the ensuring handout. 

Last but not least, kiddie Bibles.  I love the kiddie Bibles, but they cost 4x the cost of an Invitation and I have to pay shipping. Parents adore these.  You would not believe how many scary looking people are almost in tears at the thought of a children's Bible for their kids.  They love it.  Kids love them.  But, like I said, they ain't "cheap" in my book.  Definitely on the wish list, though. 

Kiddie Bibles

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seriously you need to take your name and address of this post ASAP. People are crazy and providing your address and your work schedule is just asking for trouble. You are making some really poor choices and decisions right now and I can't help but wonder if your meds are not at the proper dosage right now.