Wednesday, July 24, 2013

I share yet another mortifying moment

A couple of days ago, I sat down in a folding chair at Walmart.  I want a nice folding chair for my computer area; the wood folding chair wobbles when the my cat jumps on it to groom herself.   I don't want her to fall; and this chair looked perfect. 

Here it is:
I took one out of the bin, unfolded it, and sat down.  Imagine my horror as the chair broke underneath me.  The shock and profound humiliation as I tried to haul my fat self off the floor.  Ron kept asking me "What?  What?"  [facepalm]  I told him the chair broke. He didn't ask why, which may be the saddest line of all. 

I would have been happy to pay for the chair if it had a tag with a weight limit.  They had nothing, just a UPC code.   Last I checked (a week or two ago) I was 240. That shouldn't be a chair breaker, I'd think. 

Things are also more difficult in the shower.  I hate the shower now.  That's all I will say. 

Clothes, even the fat clothes, are getting a little tight.  Ugh. 

Time to low carb again.  I don't want my doctor freaking out when I go in for my checkup.  I want to stop this train and get off. 

The big question, of course, can I lose weight on my cocktail? 
Lithium: demonstrated weight gain.  Dr Atkins advised patients to go off the lithium if at all possible. 
Haldol:  clinically proven weight gain. 
Wellbutrin: linked to weight loss, but controversial. 
Depakote: clinically proven weight gain. 

I don't have the energy I used to have; but God reminded me working out when manic is better than not working out at all.  I can certainly do something for 20-30 minutes most mornings. 

I hope.  I do know the snacking has got to end.   Quick meals will have to get smarter and lower carb. 

I can't go on like this.  They don't make tandem wheelchairs. 

No comments: