Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Do me good

Pretty tired and depressed.  I slept in today and had a heck of a time getting into the shower.  It's a good thing I had planned to go to the Dollar Store. 

Ron went to the liquor store by himself, came back with his beer about the time I finished my God Time.  Kind of funny, that. 

Last night I ordered some perfume oils.  They had a nice selection, "Dove soap type".  "Tangerine Spice" and various rose fragrances (which I adore).  I got a little of everything, spending about $20 total.  I even got Ron an "Old Spice Type" 1/6 ounce roll on.  He sounded a little interested when I told him. 

I don't spend a lot on perfume because I can get tired of the same fragrance every day.  Ron is pretty allergic, and has had horrible allergic reactions to various fragrances he could tolerate.  He seems to do better with essential oil based perfumes. 

I got some "Orange Blossom" last year, from another supplier I can't find anymore.  I believe it was mainly petigrain - an essential oil distilled from citrus trees (the green part around the flower, mainly).  It is a little green, and a nice rich floral.  Ron has no problems. 

The other winner from last year was "Patchouli-Lavender".  That's just 2 essential oils.  Again, no problems for Ron.  I'm wearing it now. 

We'll see how the new ones work out.  I like to change my fragrance based on my mood, and God knows my mood is always changing. 

So, we went to the dollar store. I got some nuts, a bucket for mixing my homemade laundry detergent, and a value burger.  I ate the burger and took my pills.

Ron, eagerly awaiting his fried chicken, asked me if I felt up to going.  2 pieces of dark meat for $1, Tuesday special.  There's a fine line, I think, between being depressed and being a downer drama queen. 

I told him "It'll do me good to get out of the house.  I shouldn't sit around."  Which, I thought, was a nice way of saying I'd do it even though I still felt crappy. 

We went.  Ron had a blast.  He has plenty of chicken left in the fridge.  His sugars tested at about 150 2 hours after his meal.  That's doable. 

I don't need to drag Ron down just because I'm depressed. 

No comments: