Sunday, July 21, 2013

The "Good" Christian

I once heard a story of a very wealthy man who lived like a pauper, hunted his own meat, and devoted all his money to Christian charities.  One time I helped do the taxes for a man who made over $100,000, and wanted to deduct a $5 expense for Girl Scout cookies. 

I have to think there's a happy medium; a place where I buy new socks and underwear, as needed (they were).  A place where I have my charity debits and Bible Handout expenses living together with the purchase of inexpensive perfumes and a name brand air freshener. 

I did need the garments.  Do I need some cheap roll on perfume?  No.  But I'll like it and it will make me happy for a very long time.  I got some about this time last year; some I liked, some I didn't.  It all cost about $20 and I found two very nice perfumes. 

Tomorrow I plan to make my deposit and then buy a few vials.  Some rose scents, and a tangerine spice. 

They sound lovely. 

No comments: