Saturday, July 6, 2013

LEAVE ME ALONE!

You will need a little background for this one. 

Scroll down until I get to the guy at work http://houstonheather.blogspot.com/2012/01/its-been-crazy-couple-days.html

The guy found us on Friday, and was bragging he had been assigned to our area.  He had painted a small break room (the same color) and kept wanting me to admire it, acting like he had done me a personal favor. 

Today Ron gave me a great comeback "Oh, you did your job!"  Trust me, for this guy that is a big deal. 

He gives me the chills.  He doesn't understand boundaries. 

If he does come to work in our area, I will have a talk with him, with  Ron and another employee as witnesses, and lay a few things out. 

1.  Don't follow me into hallways or stockrooms. 
2.  Stay at least 3 feet away from me at all times. 
3.  If you have a question about the vending machines, talk to Ron. 
4.  I am here to work, not to talk. 

Ron will put this on his digital recorder.  Basically me telling him to leave me alone.  If he keeps bothering me Ron can make notes on his recorder and then, if needed, file a formal complaint.  I don't think it will get that far. 

I just hate that I HAVE to do this at all.  Don't they have sexual harrassment training anymore? 

Gavin De Becker is a famous safety expert.  Sometimes, he says, a woman just has to be rude.  A bitch, even, to make her point. 

The point being: LEAVE ME ALONE. 

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Hey Heather, just got caught up with your blog.

People like that make me very uncomfortable. If my husband's not around, the only way I've come up with to deal with them is to give "yes" and "no" answers if they ask me a direct question, and pretend not to see or hear them the rest of the time.

Ugh, no wonder I hate dealing with the public and people I don't know. What is with people who just can't leave people alone? Do they take some perverse pleasure in aggravating people, in forcing people to the point of rudeness to get them to leave them alone?