Saturday, July 20, 2013

I won't.

Being depressed, I slept so late I had a headache.  I got up around 9.  I was spitting out my toothpaste when the doorbell rang twice. 

If you want to get my attention, ring it once.  I heard you.  Twice just tells me you're a [censored] insenstive [censored].  Unless, of course, my house is burning down or they just issued a tornado warning for the subdivision. 

I opened the door to find two very elderly ladies.  "I already know Jesus, thank you" I told them and shut the door.  I get very annoyed at the JW's. 

Not at their missionary zeal, which often spurs me to evangelism - I can be at least that bold, myself, after all.  It's the bigotry.  I never saw a JW when I lived in Crack-town.  Never. 

I never saw a Mormon, either.  No, after we move to the nice middle-class suburb, they show up like roaches. 

The Mormons stopped coming by.  I think Ron "broke" one of them with his talk.  If everything is made of atoms, is anything real?  We're all just lumps of electricity... etc. 

Today's JW's were very rude, too.  "Oh, we woke you up!" in a judgemental tone like I should have been up hours ago.  Look, [censored] you don't have my problems.  You don't know when I work and the problems I manage. 

I have decided to put a note in my window, basically saying "Go away, unless you are selling candy".  I think I will make that the note.  It's very clear, isn't it? 

I will also ask them "Why didn't I ever see you in the bad area?  How often do you go to Acres Homes?  What kind of ministry are you doing there?"  Ha!  Nothing, that's what. 

I don't care what color you are; Jesus accepted everyone and made a point of hanging out with the lepers, Samaritans, and tax collectors - all considered the scum of society.  He should be our role model.  We should be taking the gospel to them first, and then the "nicer" people (at least the way I read my Bible - that could just be what I am called to do personally, though). 

I didn't do much but laundry, feeling lazy and a little hivey (it's the gluten thing again).  I took a nice nap, it rained again... I need to remake the bed if I take a shower, and sleep in it if I don't.  I can make the bed tomorrow.  I hate to sleep "dirty" in a clean bed. 

I washed my new sheets but haven't dried them yet.  The computer room and front room will look really nice when I'm done.  I want it to be homey and comfortable. 

I am considering "pimping" my blog, allowing some ads.  If I do that, I can make money and buy more Bibles.  But then I think God will provide the Bibles. 

So, I guess I won't. 

No comments: