Thursday, October 13, 2011

Why not take advantage?

I didn't sleep well.  Too much caffeine, had me lying in bed listening to that noise.  Kind of vague, bassy thumps.  Ron says it sounds like something, I think it sounds like something else.  I can't really say too much because it could be identifying information.  AGH.  Bad people suck. 

I wish I could just TALK without wondering if the information could send some creep to my house. 

Anyway, didn't sleep well.  The noise kept waking me up.  Ron slept OK. 

We might go investigating later tonight, him in the wheelchair, if needed.  I love having the wheelchair for just that.  It is very odd, the noise goes from about 10 PM to 6 AM. 

I remind myself, we pay about the going rate for a one-bedroom in a mariginal area, to own a 3 bedroom home.  We have a decent yard, well over 1000 square feet.  We have a garage.  So, if we have a trade off, we do. 

I think it is safe to say we used to live near the airport for 3 years.  I'd hear the jets screaming in so loud Ron and I had to stop talking.  Day and night, every day of the year. 

For me, the oddest part of 9/11 was the silence.  They grounded all the airplanes, it was so quiet.  Safe to say, we do not live near the airport. 

Finally got up, did my God Time, took my shower, had a discussion with Ron about noisemakers.  He prefers I run one fan, and not the other.  OK. 

I am very easygoing on medication.  At least, I like to think I am! 

We ran to Foodtown.  I needed some soda.  They also had an incredible deal on canned food.  I had enough time to serve both agendas. 

I only had about $8 left from my paycheck.  However, Foodtown was having a sale on canned foods.  I got several cans of vegetable soup, and a couple cans of fruit canned in juice, for 50 cents each. 

I told Ron, I can't even can it for that price!  I was happy with my quantity - they were pretty heavy, too. 

Then, we went to work.  It was mainly accounting stuff today, which we did.  Then to the bank.  Did that. 

It's funny, if a noisy car drives by, I am used to that.  I am hoping, whatever the noise, it will either go away, or I'll get used to it.  It's not very loud. 

Anyway, DONE with talking about this, to me it borders on the hallucination stuff and I really prefer not to dwell.  I take my pills so I have a nice boring life.  It is odd, that most of the time I sleep fine; have problems for nights, then I don't. 

We went to the bank.  I had an interesting discussion, one I've been having a lot recently. 

"Fred" knows I am a Christian.  He knows I love my Bible.  However, he has run into one of the cults that hate and disparage the Bible, saying it has "been corrupted", etc. 

Well, I don't.  I will not allow said arguments on my blog, either.  I corrected him on one count (translations are done from the original Greek), and told him, no matter the translation, the truth is the truth.  Jesus came to earth and died for our sins.  We can only be saved by faith in Him, because even our best actions are "filthy" in God's sight.  God is perfect; and we have to be purified by faith in Jesus before we can enter Heaven. 

So, I had an issue.  Now I like to hand out a tract.  After I'm gone, the tract is still around, talking to whoever picks it up.  The tract can talk to people I never met.  So, I love a good, quality, tract. 

I did some research, couldn't find anything through the Google stuff.  Not what I wanted, at any rate. 

See, a lot of people think there is one "acceptable" version of the Bible.  I disagree.  I use a couple of various versions every day.  I find it very helpful; one version may provide insight that another did not.   Every Bible defense tract was praising the KJV. 

Frankly, my reading comprehension is not up to the KJV.  If you only use that, fine.  But I won't say there is only one version. 

Now, some people put out versions of the Bible that I don't like; I feel the meaning has been watered down.  Some things have been altered.  I won't name names, but if you ask God to show you the right Bible, He will.  You can also read many versions, online, for free. 

So, I'm on the hunt for a tract.  I sent an email to Grace and Truth.  I also asked for a good tract for the "I try to be nice, so I'm going to Heaven" crowd.  I'm sure I'll get what I need.   I need to place an order anyway, I have very few tracts. 

I am trying, to drastically reduce my caffeine intake.  I figure the caffeine makes me hypersensitive to noise at night.  I'm also adjusting my lithium, later.  I sleep great after taking lithium.  Why not take advantage?    I will also go to bed earlier. 

When we got home, Ron asked me to open the windows, and I did.  I had a lovely nap, with a mockingbird singing right outside the window during my entire nap.  It was lovely. 

When Ron woke up, I told him "God-created sounds are so much prettier then ones created by man." 

No comments: