Saturday, October 8, 2011

Pleasing God

It is interesting how God uses events and people to motivate me. 

I have a tendency to spend time on a message board.  I could be doing other, useful things, but I read a lot, run up my post count, etc.  Maybe God wants me to re-evaluate my use of time. 

It seems, on a regular basis, I experience online frustrations.  Things I find unfair, are permitted, and things I think are unjust, promoted.  Both happened tonight.  In the second case, I am extremely angry.  Bad memories triggered by a statement, etc... I don't need to go there; and I won't. 

So, for me, I think it's time for a break. 

I always get anxious when people start praising "me".  I worry about ego, and becoming useless.  I worry I'll get so addicted to approval I won't be doing God's will. 

Recently, I HAVE had a lot of people telling me I was so wonderful... amazing, etc.  I don't really care about that; am I pleasing God?  I'll clean toilets every day of the year if that's His will for me.  If you haven't read it, pleasing God is my #1 job. 

What makes me happy?  "Oh, Heather, you have inspired me!  I'm going to hand out some tracts!"  Awesome!  I love to hear someone say they will pray for "my" recipients, or me.  I love to incite evangelism. 

A favorite song is "Firestarter".  I WISH.  That would be so cool. 

Anyway, my #1 job is pleasing God.  I will focus on that. 

After all, when I'm done cooking my cube steaks Ron is waiting outside.  We can sit in our chairs, enjoy the night, and chat. 

No comments: